It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2008, 07:55 AM   #1
(female)

bhi1992 HB User
weaning off zoloft/starting on cymbalta

Hello,
I am new to this site. I have been on Zoloft 100mg for at least 10 years with good results until this past summer. Due to medical reasons (now chronic pain) the "beast" reared it's ugly head. I went up to 200mg with poor results. I saw a psychopharmacologist and I am in the first week of weaning off Zoloft (now on 100mg) and on Jan 2 will start adding 30 mg of cymbalta, then 60mg while continuing to wean off Zoloft.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,
CT

Old 12-29-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: weaning off zoloft/starting on cymbalta

I've just done this exact thing thing, except I have BiPolar disorder w/Severe BP Suicidal Depression. I had been on the Zoloft for 9 yrs., so even with the taper, I did have some withdrawals from the zoloft, (irritability, nauseous, antsy, headache) my pdoc had me tapering off the zoloft and going on the cymbalta at the same time, but with the BP, I can't not be on a therapeutic dose of an Anti-Depressant, so that's probably why the difference in how your doc is doing it. I'm not sure how the Cymbalt will effect a "normal" person when I got up to 60 mg. it threw me into rapid cycling between mania and depression, so I had to go back down to 30 mg. Haven't really noticed any side effects from the Cymbalta, a little sleepiness at first for about a week. I also am a Chronic Pain patient and take several narcotics for this. And I take additional meds for the BP, so not sure how these affected the outcome.

good luck with the switch.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2008, 12:07 PM   #3
(female)

bhi1992 HB User
Re: weaning off zoloft/starting on cymbalta

Thanks, I appreciate your reply

Closed Thread