It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2009, 08:43 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Matt321 HB User
I am taking prozac and don't know when I'm normal

Hi, I take prozac (40 mg). I had severe depression that was increasingly worse throughout the last year, because it went untreated/ignored.

I have lost touch with reality and feel I do not know how to act. Nothing really outward and loud, I just don't know how I should feel.

I am only 18 and had problems with maturity during my earlier years. I feel really lost.

All I know is I feel weird, I don't know if this is the medication or depersonalization/derealization, or if I should act outwardly nice to everybody I meet. I used to have everyone in my social circle and always be relaxed, enjoying people.
Now, I have to question how I act, how I talk, how I hear, how I do pretty much everything and anything.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:10 AM   #2
(male)

Barry77 HB User
Re: I am taking prozac and don't know when I'm normal

Hi I had severe depression 10 years ago..was on prozac and every other drug for it..I dumped them down the toilet...Got some St.Johns wart..took it twice a day for 4 to 6 months..and I was all better.try it..Depression has never come back..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2009, 11:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Seymour93 HB User

Could be the Prozac....I had that feeling of unreality and stopped taking it. I could not function.

Old 02-26-2009, 03:14 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Matt321 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour93 View Post
Could be the Prozac....I had that feeling of unreality and stopped taking it. I could not function.
Thank you, kind sir.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry77 View Post
Hi I had severe depression 10 years ago..was on prozac and every other drug for it..I dumped them down the toilet...Got some St.Johns wart..took it twice a day for 4 to 6 months..and I was all better.try it..Depression has never come back..
Appreciate it, I hope the depression stays away!

Old 02-26-2009, 04:14 PM   #5
(female)

tcp307 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt321 View Post
Hi, I take prozac (40 mg). I had severe depression that was increasingly worse throughout the last year, because it went untreated/ignored.

I have lost touch with reality and feel I do not know how to act. Nothing really outward and loud, I just don't know how I should feel.

I am only 18 and had problems with maturity during my earlier years. I feel really lost.

All I know is I feel weird, I don't know if this is the medication or depersonalization/derealization, or if I should act outwardly nice to everybody I meet. I used to have everyone in my social circle and always be relaxed, enjoying people.
Now, I have to question how I act, how I talk, how I hear, how I do pretty much everything and anything.

Wow, someone else knows EXACTLY what I'm feeling. I've been on Prozac 40 mg for around 2 years now. I'm so afraid to go off of it, because I hate the person I was before it. Only I don't know who this person is on it, either?

Old 02-26-2009, 04:42 PM   #6
(female)

duliel HB User

Hi,

Just a thought, could be wrong:
If you had not taken any other medication for this in the past, you might have only become accustomed to being how you were with the depression. Now that the symptoms are clearing up and you have become more and more 'yourself', it is difficult to manage as you are not used to being in the state after years and years of managing being a different self.
Or using an analogy, your brain has gotten so used to finding a balance without medication that when the natural 'mood bar' (which had a default setting to deal with depression) has shifted you have to re-program yourself to find a balance to this new default setting.

Sorry if I was rambling, lol.

Closed Thread