It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2009, 03:47 PM   #1
(female)

Habs191 HB User
what is a ruminations subscale

what is a ruminations subscale? I took an online test saying I scored a 63, is that bad? I googled symptoms of depression, and I have a lot of them.. I get very sad and feel hopeless for about a week straight every month.. I am 15 and I haven't told my parents about any of this. If anyone could get back to me as soon as possible, please.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:54 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

braveheart226 HB User
Re: what is a ruminations subscale

When you ruminate, it means you think about something over and over. For you, it seems that your score indicates how often you think about how you feel sad and depressed. 100 would probably indicate "all the time". Your score would probably indicate "more than half of the time"...which is not a small amount.
It would be wise to speak to mom and dad about your feelings of depression. If that's not possible, go to your school guidance counselor. They are trained for this so don't feel embarrassed. You deserve to be happy...life is good.

Sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2009, 03:57 PM   #3
(female)

Habs191 HB User

Thank you for your help, I will try speaking to my guidance counsellor and try to get up the courage to talk to my parents.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

friendsville HB User

I agree with Sue.Please do not let this slide.Millions of people take a medication to get them through the day.This could be a condition that could be cleared up in a short time.Hoping it will go away,may be whistling in the dark.You have so many happy experiences that you will have in your beautiful young life. Luck...Bill

Old 03-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Been HB User

Hello,

It sounds nasty doesn't it? Jargon always is designed to make the user of that jargon sound like they know something you don't.

Braveheart demystifies it for you. It is just repetetive thinking, having the same thought or group of thoughts go round and round your head. Why do you do that? Well basically you are looking for a solution to those questions or thoughts and when it comes to your decision making process your brain says "Nope, got no answer or prediction for that situation, sorry". So the thought goes back in the queue and pops up again, and again until it is the only thought in the queue.

That becomes depression if it already isn't.

I'm male and I note you are a young lady. Could I suggest the one week a month may be related to the issue? I know nothing there but other ladies may be of assistance. The reason I mention it is depression does not manifest for 1 week in 4. Once it hits you it is there all day every day. So I supect some physical cause, but I'm not a doc, just a dumb old male.

Hope this helps

Been

Closed Thread