It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
(male)

globodave09 HB User
i'm depressed and don't know what to do

I need answers. I feel alone and I have no one to talk to. I can't talk to my parents because they're having a hard enough time as it is, and I feel like I do nothing but make it worse for them. I want to be happy again, like I used to be. I'm in high school and love to play sports, but the only thing that gets my away from it all is wrestling. Anyway, what should I do..

Old 03-31-2009, 07:40 PM   #2
(female)

cswilson HB User
Re: i'm depressed and don't know what to do

It's important that you find someone to talk to. If you can't find someone, then try writing your feelings down in a notebook that only you can see. I suffer from depression also and I used to write everything I was feeling in a notebook, no matter how bad it sounded or what other people might think. Some things I wrote I felt guilty about, but I was truthful with myself. Some how just getting all that stuff out made me feel better. I never read over what I wrote because I didn't want to feel ashamed or embarassed about it. I also burned the paper afterwards to signify letting go. Maybe this will help you. Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2009, 12:52 PM   #3
(female)

FormerMermaid HB User
Re: i'm depressed and don't know what to do

Hi Globodave, sounds like you are in a bad place right now, I have been there too. You have made the right move already by acknowledging that you need help. Do you have a family doctor you could get in to see? Maybe you could call without telling your parents if you don't want to burden them. I understand that because my parents have a lot of problems too and I don't need my Mom to have another thing to stress over. If no family doctor, how about the wrestling coach at school? You could ask if he has a few minutes to talk in private and then just show him a print out of your post. Also, does your school have a psychologist or counselor you could meet with to discuss what you're going through? The main thing is to know that this is a temporary thing, and you CAN get help to get back to your old self. Just like with a broken bone, you can get treatment and heal and soon you'll be 100%again. There are people who really do CARE what happens to you. Let them help you. Write back here and let us know how you're doing, and if you need to let your feelings out this is a perfect place to do it.

Closed Thread