It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2009, 10:47 PM   #1
(female)

tak HB User
Hmm.. any advice?

I've had on-and-off depression/anxiety for most of my teen years and although my mental health seemed to improve as I matured (I had trouble in high school bcause I was also very shy, but by college I made more friends and was fairly satisfied with my life) I've had an extremely traumatic event this past year, and seem to be having more trouble than ever now.

I have a few questions. First off, how do you really tell if you have anxiety or depression?

Second, I think I have an eating disorder because I can't get myself to eat right since the incident, I have stomach problems and it just sucks. I have no appetite most of the day, either force myself to eat normal food, or end up eating liquid food/froyo that goes down easy. Then I binge on that no matter how much I don't want to, I just have this intense craving for ice cream and only ice cream. I can make myself not binge, but only if I plan out what I have or have nothing, and then I lose more weight (I'm really underweight so it's not good if I lose more, but at the same time it's not really helpful to have unhealthy food either and healthy food I've had no appetite for/non-liquid food bothers my stomach)

I think the eating is one of my main problmes but I'm afraid to tell even my therapist. I just started seeing, so.. pleae some advice.. how can I shake this awful feeling.. see I feel like I'm stuck, because normally I see what it is I need to do, and even if it's really hard I eventually am miserable enough to decide to force myself to do whatever it is that's really hard that'll improve my life so I won't be miserable anymore if that makes sense (like I forced myself to be more outgoing before, despite how nervous I get) but this time, I just feel overwhelmed like I really CAN'T help myself no matter how hard I try!

How can I go about fixing things? What should I do first? Would making a plan help or would I just be setting myself up for failure? I tell myself to do certain things, like get more rest, etc. that I think will help me to improve things, but then I get insomnia.. like when I should be sleeping, it makes it harder to sleep (I sleep like a baby on the rare occasion I let myself stay in bed when I shouldn't be sleeping! That's the only time I sleep good actually because it's the one time I'm not trying to sleep)

Last edited by tak; 06-07-2009 at 11:14 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread