It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2009, 12:39 PM   #1
(female)

hunter2 HB User
What exactly is Buspirone??

I was diagnosed with Depression/Anxiety disorder/ OCD. My doctor gave me Buspirone and I don't know why. I need a mood stabilizer and I was given something that works like Xanax. I don't have panic attacks or physical anxiety, I just think too much and have irrational thoughts. Will this pill help with depression/mood problems?

I'm on Adderall as well BTW..not sure if the two pills act well together.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:40 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

fossilapostle HB User
Re: What exactly is Buspirone??

Buspirone is an antidepressant and also an anti-anxiety medicine. So if you have depression and anxiety, it would seem like a logical choice. Of course, people react differently to drugs, so if it's not working for you, let your doctor know. Buspirone is not considered effective treatment for OCD.

I don't know how it reacts with Addrerall. Why were you prescribed that? I think it's mainly used for Attention Deficit Disorder, and it's a stimulant which seems an odd drug to give someone with an anxiety disorder. It's apparently also used sometimes as an alternative antidepressant for people who don't have good results with ordinary antidepressants.

But really, this is an issue you should discuss with your doctor.

Last edited by fossilapostle; 06-27-2009 at 11:42 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2009, 05:15 PM   #3
(female)

hunter2 HB User
Re: What exactly is Buspirone??

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossilapostle View Post
Buspirone is an antidepressant and also an anti-anxiety medicine. So if you have depression and anxiety, it would seem like a logical choice. Of course, people react differently to drugs, so if it's not working for you, let your doctor know. Buspirone is not considered effective treatment for OCD.

I don't know how it reacts with Addrerall. Why were you prescribed that? I think it's mainly used for Attention Deficit Disorder, and it's a stimulant which seems an odd drug to give someone with an anxiety disorder. It's apparently also used sometimes as an alternative antidepressant for people who don't have good results with ordinary antidepressants.

But really, this is an issue you should discuss with your doctor.
I was prescribed Adderall for ADHD. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by hunter2; 06-27-2009 at 05:16 PM.

Closed Thread