It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2009, 03:19 AM   #1
(female)

hsp1 HB User
Unhappy I don't belong anywhere!!!!

I have tryed to befriend people on different message boards that talk about different subjects and they talk to me for a bit then they ignore me, this has even happened recently on a "christian" message board. The memebers of this christian message board has been there for me for a good while all up til recently, I try to reach out to them and they just ignore me. I am always friendly and never start confortations on any of these boards. This issue has got to be me, I am nothing but loving and kind on these boards but somehow they outcast me. I am so sick and tired of being outcasted!!! I just want to feel like I belong on these boards like others seem to but I don't. I should be able to feel comportable on these message boards like others seem to. This has upset me so bad I am really thinking about running away to live in the woods so that NO ONE can ever reject me again, I am not kidding. Has anyone delt with this kind of pain, if so please share your kind advice on this matter. Thank you.

Old 09-05-2009, 05:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

keenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB User
Re: I don't belong anywhere!!!!

Hello
Have you thought that they might not have read the messages? Im sure this is unlikely to be the case but sometimes people are afraid of getting close to someone. It could be many different things that make people not respond to you. But from what I know, running away will take the pain away for a while but then it will come back to haunt you again in the future. Perhaps you can ask someone your close to on why they are ignoring your messages.
Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2009, 08:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

hey hsp,

feeling or perceiving that we're ignored sucks! like the other poster said, people have their own problems and probably concentrate mostly on that than on others out there.... or, people don't know what to say... or they don't have the time to write, etc.

don't worry. come back here and we'll talk more. all of us on here reach out for social contact and for a sense of belonging. it's hard to see when nobody responds to our message (feelings/thoughts/ideas).

i've got lots to talk about too. so, start talking! and no, you're by no means an outcast!!!

hugs

Old 09-05-2009, 08:24 AM   #4
(female)

hsp1 HB User
Smile Re: I don't belong anywhere!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota_Skye View Post
don't worry. come back here and we'll talk more. all of us on here reach out for social contact and for a sense of belonging. it's hard to see when nobody responds to our message (feelings/thoughts/ideas).

i've got lots to talk about too. so, start talking! and no, you're by no means an outcast!!!

hugs
Thank you both, I think that is what I am going to do, give up that "Christian" site and come here. Beleive me I do have a lot to talk about. After reading your post it has made me feel SO MUCH better.
As for the folks that stop talking to me to sum it up they were there on my side and now they totally ignore my post and post on the other post (and that is not many).
Thanks again, this has brighten my day! It feels good to be wanted!!!

Old 09-05-2009, 09:02 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

you're welcome!

and another thing you can do.... if you answer others' problems/issues/ troubles on this board (and i'm sure you can offer lots of support, encouragement, and compassion to others), they will respond in return. a simple thank you from someone i'm trying to help/identify with/ etc., would be enough for me. and you know, i found that if i try to provide someone else with a sense of empathy and understanding, it makes me feel better too.

just knowing that we're heard makes a difference!!

Old 09-05-2009, 09:06 AM   #6
(female)

hsp1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota_Skye View Post
you're welcome!

and another thing you can do.... if you answer others' problems/issues/ troubles on this board (and i'm sure you can offer lots of support, encouragement, and compassion to others), they will respond in return. a simple thank you from someone i'm trying to help/identify with/ etc., would be enough for me. and you know, i found that if i try to provide someone else with a sense of empathy and understanding, it makes me feel better too.

just knowing that we're heard makes a difference!!
Thanks gor your advice Dekota, I will certainly give that a try here! [[[hugs]]]

Old 09-05-2009, 11:23 AM   #7
(female)

Puffin Cat HB User

Dear hsp1, I am reading your posts and it makes me feel better. All of you out there do not have any idea how much you have helped me. I could hardly put one foot in front of another 6 weeks ago, now I am running, bicycling and tearing about happy as a lark! Thank you all so much. Even the one who shouted at me is sending me emails. You never know what is round the corner!

Old 09-05-2009, 06:21 PM   #8
(female)

hsp1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffin Cat View Post
Dear hsp1, I am reading your posts and it makes me feel better. All of you out there do not have any idea how much you have helped me. You never know what is round the corner!
Hi there Puffin,
I am so glad that you are feeling better, reading this makes me feel that HOPEFULLY that things will turn around for me too. Keep on smiling my friend and thank you

Old 12-12-2009, 03:33 PM   #9
(female)

damagedgoods41 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsp1 View Post
I have tryed to befriend people on different message boards that talk about different subjects and they talk to me for a bit then they ignore me, this has even happened recently on a "christian" message board. The memebers of this christian message board has been there for me for a good while all up til recently, I try to reach out to them and they just ignore me. I am always friendly and never start confortations on any of these boards. This issue has got to be me, I am nothing but loving and kind on these boards but somehow they outcast me. I am so sick and tired of being outcasted!!! I just want to feel like I belong on these boards like others seem to but I don't. I should be able to feel comportable on these message boards like others seem to. This has upset me so bad I am really thinking about running away to live in the woods so that NO ONE can ever reject me again, I am not kidding. Has anyone delt with this kind of pain, if so please share your kind advice on this matter. Thank you.
Hello I would like to say that im new here too and it sometimes takes a little time for other's to reply as the other poster's have said not everyone reads all of the posts so it can take time to get that conversation moving along but it will happen ok. Also know that ur not alone as we are all here for each other. Hope this help's. Stay well and safe.

sincerly,

damaged.....

Old 12-12-2009, 09:50 PM   #10
Veteran
(male)

fossilapostle HB User

OP, you need to differentiate between people you know in real life and people on message boards. You seem to me to be confusing the type of realtionships you have with people on the internet with the type you have in real life.

Internet friends are not like real friends. Many people on message boards aren't even who they seem to be. It's a place many use as an escape where they can pretend to be the person they wish they really were, or maybe just play a role and act out a fantasy, or a place to for people take real life anger and frustrations out on people who can't really retaliate in any meaningful way. Because of this, you'd be wise to be more skeptical and less trusting with people you meet on the internet than you would usually be.

Also, even if you meet an honest person who you become friends with, there's a limit to how close you can be. An internet friendship is never going to be anywhere near as satisfying as a real life one.

Why don't you concentrate on cultivating real life friendships and try taking the internet much less seriously than you seem to be doing now? That would be my advice anyway.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:34 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

Seymour93 HB User

Try to strike a balance between real life friends and online friends. Countless hours online may cause depression and anxiety. This has been studied in folks with no prior history....Consider volunteer work. You will meet high caliber people. Read a bit about volunteer work and depression. It is terrific. Good luck.

Closed Thread