It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2009, 04:38 PM   #1
(female)

bbrriittaannyy HB User
Lightbulb not sure...am i depressed?

ive felt kinda depressed for awhile now and im not sure if ive just been sad for awhile or if im exsperiencing depression. ive been kinda curious so ive been looking it up on the pooter and i have alot of the symptoms. i also almost fainted one day when i was in the shower and ive been having reely bad chest pains and getting nauseous so i looked this up on the computer i forgot what i searched i

eventually i was led to anxiety attacks so yea. ive felt like not reealy as interested in things as i used to be and etc etc etc and im not sure if its depresion cuz its been for like a year now. and it feels as if its gotten worse. i dont exactly feel like me any more i definately dont act like the old brittany. and sumtims i just find it so overwhelming to try and make it threw my day. its like i have to put in all my effort just to make it threw and i dont even get to enjoy my day. yes sumtims ill have a good day but it appears tht i have a good day. i act like im happy most of the time. sometimes when were laughing at school ill just laugh cuz i dnt wanna look weird just sitting their quit at a joke tht i have laughed at on a day i felt better. i used to have so muh fun and was loud and all happy life was good. but then all of a sudden these gradual changes slowly did this to me untill now and since it was gradual i dnt think anyone noticed but me. and im fed up with this depression thing. i dnt wanna go see a dr or tell my parents or anything cuz what if i dnt have depression or sumtin i mean like yea..

i realy want sum help.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-09-2009 at 05:41 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2009, 12:32 AM   #2
(male)

ifandavies85 HB User
Re: not sure...am i depressed?

Hi Brittany. It sounds like you are suffering from Anxiety and Depression. It is common to suffer from one if you are suffering from the other. I suffered for years with what you are describing and also refused to go to the doctor or tell my parents. For me the symptoms only got worse to the point where I would be crying for hours almost daily.

I really advise you to go see your doctor and talk to him/her about how you are feeling, they are there to help you. They can give you anti-depressants, offer you counselling, as well as recommend books for you to read which will help you get back to your old self. I really wish I had listened to my friends and seen my doctor well before I did. Ask yourself, "What's the worse thing that can happen if I do go and talk to my doctor?".

If however you need more time there are some great books out there that can really help you such as Overcoming Depression by Prof Paul Gilbert, which really helped me, it uses CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) which in my opinion is the best and fastest way to get better.

I hope this helps

Last edited by mentalhealth mod; 12-10-2009 at 06:28 PM. Reason: do not post outside websites that have not been approved by HB. Thanks

Old 12-10-2009, 06:58 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

fossilapostle HB User

It could be a very mild case of depression, or it could just be a situational depression caused by the fact that you're having anxiety attacks. If I were you, I'd get the anxiety treated and see how you feel then.

If, as I suspect, that takes care of the problem, great. If not, tell your doctor and go from there.

Old 12-11-2009, 03:58 AM   #4
(male)

Heuer HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrriittaannyy View Post
ive felt kinda depressed for awhile now and im not sure if ive just been sad for awhile or if im exsperiencing depression. ive been kinda curious so ive been looking it up on the pooter and i have alot of the symptoms. i also almost fainted one day when i was in the shower and ive been having reely bad chest pains and getting nauseous so i looked this up on the computer i forgot what i searched i

eventually i was led to anxiety attacks so yea. ive felt like not reealy as interested in things as i used to be and etc etc etc and im not sure if its depresion cuz its been for like a year now. and it feels as if its gotten worse. i dont exactly feel like me any more i definately dont act like the old brittany. and sumtims i just find it so overwhelming to try and make it threw my day. its like i have to put in all my effort just to make it threw and i dont even get to enjoy my day. yes sumtims ill have a good day but it appears tht i have a good day. i act like im happy most of the time. sometimes when were laughing at school ill just laugh cuz i dnt wanna look weird just sitting their quit at a joke tht i have laughed at on a day i felt better. i used to have so muh fun and was loud and all happy life was good. but then all of a sudden these gradual changes slowly did this to me untill now and since it was gradual i dnt think anyone noticed but me. and im fed up with this depression thing. i dnt wanna go see a dr or tell my parents or anything cuz what if i dnt have depression or sumtin i mean like yea..

i realy want sum help.
Hi,

You need to add an anxiolytic to your combination of drugs.
I'm on bupropion, mirtazapine and a low dose of flupenthixol myself.

Flupenthixol isn't available in the U.S., but you need a similar drug.
This medicine will handle the agitation and anxiety induced by bupropion.

Best regards,
Heuer

Old 12-11-2009, 02:49 PM   #5
(female)

bbrriittaannyy HB User

i dont take any pills mediccation or drugs.

Closed Thread