It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2010, 06:50 AM   #1
(female)

charpo HB User
Am I sick or depressed

I feel like I am doomed. I only want to sleep, I get so agitated that I don't know what to do with myself. I feel like I'm alone even with people around me. I feel like I will never have a life again and that nothing that I will do will make me happy. I can't think straight. I wake up every morning at 3:00 am. Am I just lacking some quality sleep or is this depression.

Old 02-06-2010, 07:33 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Will I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB User
Re: Am I sick or depressed

Hi Charpo! Boy do I know the feeling! I'm sure many on this board read your post and say "Yup, I get that!" One of my biggest things is loneliness. ALL OF THE TIME!!! I have great friends and a great family but feel it. For me I think it comes with being single, and feeling that I will always be. But depression halts me sometimes from opening up to people. How long have you been feeling this way? There are little "tests" online that you can take to see if your symptoms are depression. Make a list of how you've been feeling and for how long. Take it to your physician. It's very easy to fall into a slump. I exercise on a regular basis, which helps. But I was sick this week so now I have to get myself out of being lazy. Depression can swallow you whole. Make a list of things you can do for yourself. When I'm down I force myself to get up, shower, dress nice, makeup. Whatever it is you do, do not let it win!!! But definitely, before assuming depression, check with your physician. This board is also a tremendous help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2010, 08:09 AM   #3
(female)

charpo HB User

I have been like this for months, but the last 3 weeks its been this bad. Before I felt like I could still function a little, but now I feel awful. I'm married, but my husband drives tractor trailer so he's gone all week and I don't do anything else, but sit on the computer and watch a little tv.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:59 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

keenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB User

hi charpo,
Did you speak to your husband before he left? He may be able to help but its one of those things either he will understand or he wont. So perhaps you can set yourself a few goals every day and try your hardest to achieve them. In this way you have something to keep yourself going. This may also help you to sleep as well. Good luck

Old 02-06-2010, 09:35 AM   #5
(female)

charpo HB User

Hes not understanding about it at all. He gets sick of hearing me. I don't what goals to make for myself. I decided to start working out, but so far I only did that one day.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:01 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

keenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB User

Hi,
Its good to hear that you started to work out. So you can divide your day into different segments and try your hardest to stick to it, for example you should allocate 1 hour to work out and it should be at the specified time, then you should allocate another 2-3 hours for cooking and so on. Prioritise your milestones and this should make small achievements feel special.

Well as you mentioned about your husband, its difficult for people who dont take depression seriously to understand what you are going through. So one thing you can show him are articles about depression and see how he reacts. Anyway I hope you can have a good nights sleep somewhere along the next two to three days. Thank you

Old 02-08-2010, 11:28 AM   #7
(female)

Kaseyjcf HB User

Hi Charpo, I understand exactly how you feel. My husband drives a truck for a living too so I like you am alone alot. I do not drive so it is real hard. Do you find you have a hard time when even the least little thing goes wrong. I am always on guard for the least little bit of bad news, even the most minor thing that doesn't bother anyone else can put me in even a worse state of depression and or anxiety spell. Little things like my son and his wife having a disagreement can do it. I hate it and I try to get through it but little things can just upset my whole day. I worry about things that might never happen. I wish I knew how to overcome these feelings Kasey

Closed Thread