It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2010, 03:49 PM   #1
(male)

bear6079 HB User
Question what is going on with me.

For the past few weeks my severe depression has been on the DL and I was at the point where I felt "normal" again. And I know with depression there will always be up and down days. Well for reasons I don't know as of lately I have had a relapse. For the past few days I have felt guilty, nervous, anxious for the fist time in months. Also I have noticed that I am very quick to get angered or irritated by someone or something. I mean it could be such a small thing like someone sneezing or for instance I play ultimate frisbee at school and someone will drop a pass or fumble or whatever and it pisses me off and stuff like that never has before. But I tell myself that it's part of the game and there is no reason to be so angry over such a little thing and I do calm down to the point to where I am not angry or happy I really don't feel anything I feel mellow. So what I want to know is has this ever happened to anyone? Or can someone give me some advice on how to deal with this? Because it seems to me that my depression is coming in steps instead of all at once.

please respond

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2010, 04:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

keenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB User
Re: what is going on with me.

Hi,
I think the reason why your depression is coming in stages is because you are starting to see things happen regularly and even though it makes you have negative thoughts like anger and sorrow, it does not affect you as much as it use to. Then something new comes along and all that which was invisible for a while suddenly comes all apparent and as a result it all starts again. What you really need to discover is the exact feeling you get when you get low or the reason for feeling as such. So next time you get a low feeling, indicate here the exact reasons for it happening. It could be something simple but behind such things there is always something deeper that is linked to something in your past which you cannot forget. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2010, 08:20 PM   #3
(male)

bear6079 HB User

I have tried this and most times I become depressed and anxious and all the above when I think of home and I believe the reason for this is home is where everything started. Anger though IDK where it comes from some days I just wake up irritated and angry and it carries on through the day until I become mellow and calm. I get ****** during sports or when I am around other people because the mistakes they make are so stupid and I say to myself I would have caught that, but I shouldn't say these things because I have been on the short end of the stick many times in my life. Especially in sport cause I never had any supportive teammates. They always put me down telling me I am no good I am just there to wear the jersey pushing me around, but I proved them wrong because I'm the only one out of all them to move on to collegiate football while they are at home living off mom and dad still. But I still shouldn't get angry over things like that because that was me at one time with people say things behind my back or ridiculing me. But I just don't know.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

keenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB User

Hi,
I think you have quite a few anger issues to deal with. What I can suggest to you is to try to use that anger to motivate your team mates to avoid "silly mistakes" as you refer. Also since you were treated badly, you can try to avoid repeating other peoples mistakes. In sports though anger taken out can work either way and getting the best out of the anger can result in your depression level decreasing quite a bit. It can give you something to aim for in the future, so for example by one day you can start to feel very angry but thinking about success can really lift you out of the hole and become more stable. I think overall though you need to somehow remain calm. Thanks

Old 04-21-2010, 04:20 PM   #5
(male)

bear6079 HB User

Thank you I know that I have to deal with my anger it's just that I have so much built up from past experiences that it seems to be coming out now and towards other people. Could you answer something else for me. With my severe depression I have had aggressive thoughts towards others and myself. Do you think that this could be my anger coming out? And I am most angry when I have these thoughts because I am not the person my thoughts portray and it scares me that I am having these thoughts. What do you think?

Old 04-22-2010, 11:35 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hi,
I think you need to release whatever anger you have somehow you are going to have to express it the way you think best. For example I feel that when I am feeling low I can understand other people feeling low and can give them good advise. You could possibly do something similar but find something you are good at in such situations. It could be that you can make people get their jobs done quicker or something that is rather unrelated. You need to learn to accept your problems and then eventually you can learn to appreciate small good things that can happen at any time. Thanks

Old 04-22-2010, 02:10 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear6079 View Post
Thank you I know that I have to deal with my anger it's just that I have so much built up from past experiences that it seems to be coming out now and towards other people. Could you answer something else for me. With my severe depression I have had aggressive thoughts towards others and myself. Do you think that this could be my anger coming out? And I am most angry when I have these thoughts because I am not the person my thoughts portray and it scares me that I am having these thoughts. What do you think?
You sound like my husband.He gets so angry at people,especially when he is driving.He is always yelling how stupid people are.
We all have angry feelings and bad thoughts about people sometimes...but if you feel that they are really bothering you or out of control,maybe you should talk to a counselor about it.
Are you on any medications? Some can make you feel more aggressive.If you are having those feelings you should tell your dr.

Last edited by WhenItRains; 04-22-2010 at 02:15 PM.

Old 04-22-2010, 03:09 PM   #8
(male)

bear6079 HB User

I am seeing a counselor and I am on 300mgs of Wellbutron.

Old 04-22-2010, 03:25 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User

I see. How long have you been on Wellbutrin? I know sometimes these drugs make us feel worse before better.But it is not uncommon for some people to have MORE aggressive feelings on them.That could be a sign of bipolar disorder because some drugs put you into a manic (aggressive state) In which you may need a mood stabilizer to really feel better.
Wellbutrin can be stimulating from what I've heard,so maybe it is not the right drug for you.
Sounds like you have a lot of anxiety too,so something a little less stimulating like Lexapro might be better.

Last edited by WhenItRains; 04-22-2010 at 03:35 PM.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:02 PM   #10
(male)

bear6079 HB User

I have been on wellbutron for about a month or so and it has worked to an extent. But I seen my counselor about the aggressive thought that I had towards myself and how it made me sick, nervous, guilty, scared and so on and she said that I severe anxiety and thinks that I should be on an SSRI along with the wellbutron and she is having me see Dr. tomorrow that is not mine to get a second opinion to see if it is anxiety and not depression which I think it is. What do you think?

Closed Thread