It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2010, 07:37 AM   #1
(female)

lucy6654 HB User
Need to go to doctor for meds but have no money..what to do??

I am severely depressed and desparately lonely. I have been depressed most of my adult life. I am 55. I havent always been lonely but now I spend 99.9% of my time alone. I do not enjoy the things I used to and have no purpose or drive. I am desparate and I need to go to a doctor but have no money. Believe me I have checked out everything in my area. Nothing is free. I have a death trap car so cannot travel and I am all alone!! Any suggestions much appreciated. Thanks for listening!

Old 05-04-2010, 05:23 PM   #2
(female)

jellybread HB Userjellybread HB Userjellybread HB User
Re: Need to go to doctor for meds but have no money..what to do??

I know a lot of places offer free consoling to the public, or free consoling from a church organization, is there any info number you could call to find out these services in your area? That could help in the meantime till you find a way to see a doctor. Hope that helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2010, 11:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

keenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB User

Hi,
As you say you are 55, I am sure you have gone through similar problems in the past. If so how did you overcome them, was there different company, different things to do at the time? You also say that things you use to enjoy before doesnt interest you now, has anything significant happened recently? Please let us know all. Thanks

Old 05-05-2010, 01:01 AM   #4
(female)

thedancedk HB User

Hi Lucy! I don't know how large of a city you live in but here are some suggestions.....our city has a free clinic supported by several churches that is held once a month so call a large church in your town to see if one exists. There also is something called Project Access throughout the U.S. in which many physicians/labs/hospitals etc. donate their time and services to uninsured people. Call your county medical foundation (might be called society) to check this out or call the local hospital as they would know. Hope this helps!

Last edited by thedancedk; 05-05-2010 at 01:02 AM.

Closed Thread