It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
(male)

K TODD HB User
Anyone else get BRAIN ZAPS from PRISTIQ ??

Well, I started Pristiq w/ the 50mg sample packs for about a month. I did notice a positive difference within 3 days, but not really big enough to really write about. So after 1 month, me and my doc, wrote a scrip for 100mg 1 x daily.
So after another month, I couldn't really feel any difference. So, now I am taking 200mg of Pristiq daily - 100mg 2 x daily - I take them at seperate times, not together.

Still I feel no difference from taking 200mg than 100mg. So I am going back and forth here. I have been taking the Pristiq for about 8 months now. The Pristiq does help some with GAD, and panic attacks, BUT..

If I go to long, like more than 24 hours without taking a Pristiq, I get these BRAIN ZAPS, that will NOT go away until I take another dose of Pristiq. This is why I did not want to try Effexor, because I read so much about these brain zaps!!! But I guess "they say" Pristiq is suppossed to be the nicer drug of the 2, but if I miss a dose, I get these BRAIN ZAPS that are just unbearable at times.

Anyone else get these brain zaps from Pristiq withdrawal effect just in 24 hour time span?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2010, 12:18 AM   #2
(male)

jc197039 HB User
Exclamation Re: Anyone else get BRAIN ZAPS from PRISTIQ ??

Sadly that is a side effect you have to endure. A word of caution; do not ever stop taking it cold turkey. I did and it was a bad experience the brain zaps were 100 times worse, I felt sick and I began to have strong suicidal thoughts to the extent of planning it in detail. Always talk to your pdoc before stop taking any medication especially Pristiq.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2010, 09:52 PM   #3
(female)

windimeria2000 HB User
Re: Anyone else get BRAIN ZAPS from PRISTIQ ??

yeah, except I called them brain malfunctioning.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:03 AM   #4
(female)

no more suffer HB User
Unhappy Re: Anyone else get BRAIN ZAPS from PRISTIQ ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by K TODD View Post
Well, I started Pristiq w/ the 50mg sample packs for about a month. I did notice a positive difference within 3 days, but not really big enough to really write about. So after 1 month, me and my doc, wrote a scrip for 100mg 1 x daily.
So after another month, I couldn't really feel any difference. So, now I am taking 200mg of Pristiq daily - 100mg 2 x daily - I take them at seperate times, not together.

Still I feel no difference from taking 200mg than 100mg. So I am going back and forth here. I have been taking the Pristiq for about 8 months now. The Pristiq does help some with GAD, and panic attacks, BUT..

If I go to long, like more than 24 hours without taking a Pristiq, I get these BRAIN ZAPS, that will NOT go away until I take another dose of Pristiq. This is why I did not want to try Effexor, because I read so much about these brain zaps!!! But I guess "they say" Pristiq is suppossed to be the nicer drug of the 2, but if I miss a dose, I get these BRAIN ZAPS that are just unbearable at times.

Anyone else get these brain zaps from Pristiq withdrawal effect just in 24 hour time span?

Old 05-07-2012, 07:07 AM   #5
(female)

no more suffer HB User

itoday is monday, yesterday i wrote that i am somewhat better---OMG what ******** today the brain zaps are coming on like clusters and i am on pristique every 3 days. Really can't take this I am a personal trainer, hope i can work with my clients this is a nightmare!!!Hope all the drug companies go bankrupt.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #6
(female)

jogee322 HB User

I am copying the following from Pfizer's web site.
In clinical studies, doses of 50-400 mg/day were shown to be effective, although no additional benefit was demonstrated at doses greater than 50 mg/day and adverse events and discontinuations were more frequent at higher doses.
I am not quite sure why you would be on such a high dose. Is it a GP that is prescribing for you? It has been my experience that a GP's knowledge and that of a phsyc dr. are totally different. Afterall that is there exclusive area.
However, yes! You need to take those meds at almost the same exact time of day. The zaps won't stop until about 20-30 min after you take the dose. I might also assume that the higher the dose the worse the symptoms. Pristiq is supossed to be one of the worst for zaps.
I hope that helps.

Closed Thread