It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2010, 10:44 AM   #1
(female)

Irisheyez82 HB User
Bupropion hcl XL 150mg, good or bad?

Hi,
I finally got prescribed Wellbutrin XL after asking a couple doctors about it. I feel like I have a mild depression possibly due to my thyroid condition, maybe another underlying condition they have yet to find. I don't know.
I have read some bad stories about the generic so I went to get it filled with the name brand but they didn't carry it So I let the go ahead and fill it so I can at least try it and see how it works for ME.
I have taken Cylexa for a short period 3 years ago, helped my mood and coping but basically took away my libido completely, I couldn't even climax.
So I have read up on Wellbutrin and saw it could actually help my already decreased libido, my depressioin, my IBS, and possibly anxiety (note, I am taking Klonopin as needed also).
Who has had experience wtih this generic? Specifically taking the generic to begin with rather than switching from generic to brand name?
Things I am hoping it will help me with is:
Coping skills (with stress, with the "what if's", confidence lost)
Fatigue
Depression and hopeless feelings of the future
libido
energy
help ease my IBS pains (klonopin and xanax has actually helped that)
loss of emotional connections
I feel like I no longer have a heart enough to truely love someone anymore, hence the hopelessness of a future.

I'm coming up on a very hard month and an EXTREMELY emotionally destructive day coming up in a month. My ex, my first love, the only man I have ever actually seen myself marrying is getting married, and I got an invite.....and I want to be happy for him, I want to be there for him, but I don't know if I can get through it without breaking down. So I am very much hoping Bupropion will help me cope by then He is still so deep in my heart it hurts to know that someone else is going to have a life with him. But he is happy and i Have to find a way to accept all of it.

Is anyone out there to help give me hope?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2010, 06:05 AM   #2
(female)

Nummbie HB User
Re: Bupropion hcl XL 150mg, good or bad?

I have been taking the generic for 3 yrs. started on 150 but I am now on 300. I have taken the name brand before and haven't noticed a difference except for the price. It has very few side effects. No sexual side effects or weight gain. It does help with depressive thoughts but really for any med to work it should be coupled with good talk therapy. Don"t go to your ex-boyfriends wedding! Shut the door on the past and look towards the future.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:02 AM   #3
(female)

tinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB User
Re: Bupropion hcl XL 150mg, good or bad?

I have been on wellbutrin(name brand and generic) but it didn't seem 2 help me at the time. i actually have an appt on the 14th and she has told me if i'm not doing any better she is going 2 go ahead and add it 2 the cocktail of drugs that i'm already on(see my profile). as for your ex's wedding i don't beleive i would go because i do beleive it will only cause you more pain 2 see him with someone else when you still seem to have such deep feelings for him. Please take care and hope to hear from you soon.

Closed Thread