It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2000, 02:57 PM   #1

TrickyDick HB User
Have you had your Zinc and B complex Today?

I don't usually start a post. But I was cruzing the web and came across an article that made me remember something that my current doctor had asked me to do [insisted] when he took over my case a few months ago.
He told me to go and buy a good multivitamim and a good MULTI-MINERAL and take them everyday. I was not too concerned because I already took vitamins because I never have ate correctly. When I started reading this article (its pretty heavy reading) I understood why he insisted I take these additonal supplements. Here it is for your information.
<A HREF="http://www.surreyweb.org.uk/foresight/zinc.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.surreyweb.org.uk/foresight/zinc.html</A>

If you don't want to read all of it, page down to the mental health area and other conclusions near the end.<p>[This message has been edited by TrickyDick (edited 12-30-2000).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2000, 03:38 PM   #2
(female)

Kathryn HB User
Re: Have you had your Zinc and B complex Today?

I have had great results taking my Maxi-B-Complex and MultiVitamin. I also take Calcium/with soy. A pharmacist friend of my sister told me what to take because in recent years a syndrome I have developed (Guillain Barre Syndrome) has prevented me from getting a flu shot. I have great things to say about my vitamins. If you can, give them a shot and remember it takes a while to get going in your system. But, you have to start sometime.

By the way, Tricky, great article!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2001, 06:03 PM   #3

Happydogs HB User

Thanks for posting the link to the article. Have skimmed it and marked it for more thorough study.

One question about multi-vitamin and mineral supplements: What are the minimums of each vitamin, mineral/element, etc., that are recommended for optimum results? (maybe you have a magic link to a site with this info so you don't have to even think about typing it all out =) Thank you in advance.

Old 01-02-2001, 07:13 PM   #4

TrickyDick HB User

Supplements are a source of disagreement as you can well imagine. My thinking is moderation in all things. For example if you see on tv that taking x supplement will keep you from being bashful, don't go out and buy a pound of it and eat it like candy. Research it, ask around about it and if you order, READ the label or instructions.
Take a minimal ammount to make sure it will not kill you or make you a ravishing sex fiend. Then go from there. I have a standing rule, cause I'm poor, if it costs more per day than I would be upset about if I lost in out a hole in my pocket, I think twice about ordering or using it. Just my thoughts.
There is a site that gives gov. guidelines and such, but you know the gov. if it can be screwed up they have a team or committee ready to do it.
P. S. It is or has been proven if you smoke or drink alcohol (or do drugs) it reduces your body's ability to absorb and process the natural nutrients from food.
<A HREF="http://dietary-supplements.info.nih.gov/" TARGET=_blank>http://dietary-supplements.info.nih.gov/</A> <p>[This message has been edited by TrickyDick (edited 01-02-2001).]

Closed Thread