Re: Anyone on Topamax? no weight gain???
Just as any other med out there Topamax isn't for everybody. It is a MS that won't make you gain weight and at the higher doses it does seem to cause weight loss. It does, like Wellbutrin, have an appetite suppressant affect. It does, however, have some SE's that can be unpleasant such as:
* In women, a cesation of your menstral period.
* Reduces the affects of birth control pills
* tingling in the hands, feet, and sometimes face
* Makes beverages like Coke and Pepsi taste like sh*t
* It has a nickname of Stupomax because at the higher doses it can greatly affect your cognition. EX. Like knowing what something is but not being able to find the word for it. Like your cat is sitting there in front of you and for the life of you, you just can't remember it is called a cat.
* of couse the dreaded drowsiness and not wanting to do anything
I've never tried it but it is the MS I'd like to try soon (I have a liver thing I have to straighten out first). I don't know if you have ever heard of Tegretol. It is a weight neutral drug which means it neither causes weight loss or gain. This drug I have tried, and I loved it. I had such mental clarity and felt so good I was always out and about. Well, I hope this was helpful.