It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2000, 08:50 PM   #1

Lee6131 HB User
New to board, depressed, pregnant

Hello, I am new to this particular board. I am currently 7 weeks pregnant. I was in the middle of being tested to determine what was causing my abdominal pain when I found out. I had also just started having pain in my left breast, which is now unknown. Now, I'm depressed because I am so worried that I am not healthy enough to be pregnant. I am so UPTIGHT & anxious & I wake up in the middle of the night & can't fall back asleep because of my worries. I am too depressed to function right now & my 2 little children are probably wondering why I am so irritable. Any words of encouragement would be nice.

Old 12-02-2000, 08:08 PM   #2
Inactive

joy HB User
Re: New to board, depressed, pregnant

If you decide to stay pregnant, please see a good ob-gyn right away and tell him of your problems. To chose to have a third baby while you have two little ones would add to one's nervous condition. Please get some assistance and hang in there.
Joy

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lee6131:
<B>Hello, I am new to this particular board. I am currently 7 weeks pregnant. I was in the middle of being tested to determine what was causing my abdominal pain when I found out. I had also just started having pain in my left breast, which is now unknown. Now, I'm depressed because I am so worried that I am not healthy enough to be pregnant. I am so UPTIGHT & anxious & I wake up in the middle of the night & can't fall back asleep because of my worries. I am too depressed to function right now & my 2 little children are probably wondering why I am so irritable. Any words of encouragement would be nice.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2000, 01:46 PM   #3
Inactive

clouds HB User

this age we live in that women just decide and chose . seems wierd, getting an abortion seems to leed to more depression, watch all the responses ill get over my meer opinion , watch. this country sucks

Old 12-04-2000, 06:53 AM   #4

redeemed57 HB User

Hello there, I want to encourage you to definately not give up your baby because you have 2 younger ones or for any reason. I have 3 children also. My 1st one was 2-1/2 when #2 was born; and #2 was 15 months old when #3 was born. And YES I got VERY depressed and irritable. All I can say is to SEEK HELP! FOR ME, God is #1 and my FIRST choice. But He does always lead people, places or things in my life to bring me that help. Depending on your own personality it could be books that help, or a support group, or a counselor. What ever will work for you. I have done all 3. I am 43 now and am on medication(s). But my children I hope will continue to grow in a healthy atmosphere because I have always sought that help for me. My husband won't; so I end up being his "counselor" which is not easy!!!!! But anyway I just want to say that what is meant to be will be. Stressing, worrying, etc. will not bring anything about except bad to your body at least. Try to have a faith. My VERY FIRST book to help me in my depression was "The Power of Positive Thinking". I hope you are ok, if you are willing to look for that help, it's out there. God Bless You and your family!!

Old 12-04-2000, 06:58 AM   #5

redeemed57 HB User

hello again, I forgot to suggest something. BECAUSE YOU ARE PREGNANT, OF COURSE YOU WOULD WANT TO MAKE SURE WITH THOSE THAT WOULD KNOW, if any homeopathic remedies or herbal remedies would work for your sleeping condition. And know that medical doctors will not be supportive of anything "natural". They do not get that kind of education anyway. You would need to check with the nutition stores or a naturopathic doctor. Look in the yellow pages. Best wishes!

Old 12-04-2000, 06:05 PM   #6

Catriona HB User

Lee--

Being depressed when you are pregnant is not an uncommon thing. There are so many worries and concerns for an expecting mother to feel.
Clouds was right, you should go and see someone about this. I do not believe in abortion, but that is me, not anyone else. If you are feeling like this when you are pregnant, it is not good for the baby. Anything that you feel, the baby does too, no matter what stage it is at.
Take care of yourself, and your baby should be fine.
Best of luck,
Catriona

Old 12-05-2000, 04:31 AM   #7

Rachael HB User

Lee,

Just to offer some more words of support.

It is common to feel the depression you are feeling at your stage of your pregnancy. I'm sure you experienced it before to a certain extent when you were pregnant with your other children.

I would strongly advise you seek some counselling or therapy to help you through this difficult time.

HTH

Best wishes,

Rachael

Old 12-05-2000, 09:07 AM   #8

Lee6131 HB User

Thank you for all your encouraging words. No, I never planned on terminating this pregnancy. I am just down because I don't feel healthy enough to be pregnant & I would like to see my children grow up! My doctor is listening to me & has given me postive suggestions. Thank you again.

Old 12-05-2000, 05:28 PM   #9

Catriona HB User

Lee--

It is good to hear you went to the doctors. As has already been said...feeling the way you do is not abnormal in pregnancy. You will be great. Try not to worry about it so much, I'm sure everything will work out fine.

Good luck and keep in touch,
Catriona

Closed Thread