It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2001, 10:12 AM   #1
(female)

Blueeyes HB User
Question: ...who your friends are...

Do you think that who your friends are says a lot about who you are?
Would you say that certain types of people tend to "hang out" with the same types of people?

What would your opinion be if a girl who says she's not "easy" went on spring break with a bunch of girls who admit that they are "easy"? Would you assume she was too? Would you think that she wasn't as open about it and trying to protect her reputation or something? Or would you believe her?

What about a guy who went on vacation with his guys friends and you know they sleep around. They admit that they "hook up" when they travel eventhough they might have a girlfriend back home. I mean, how would she ever find out, right? Would you assume that this guy is like that too?

Old 01-13-2001, 12:51 AM   #2
Inactive

clouds HB User
Re: Question: ...who your friends are...

today i saw in a store a tea shirt it said GOT FRIENDS?, about 4pm i sawit. bible says for christians not to even eat with a christian that is a fornicator, the idea of cheeting on a girl seems so stupid to me as i cant even find one girl, but maybe im gay and dontgive a damnabout girls. a lot just think about money.i think love stinks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2001, 07:38 AM   #3

SoLost HB User

I think we generally "hang" with people who are like ourselves. I have studied a little psych and soc...and we have an attraction to people who are similar to us. EX...have often have you seen a really beautiful woman or man hanging with a crowd of not so pretty people. When I examine my own crowd, I see that we are all average looking, don't smoke, no drugs, and we drink socially. I don't have any single friends they are all attached.

I think if you don't do durgs, for ex, and you hang with a group who does you would find yourself wondering what in the hell you are doing with these people...similar to your ex about the easy girl. If I was her and my buds were slutting around and I didn't I would feel verrry uncomfortable. It would just be tooo strange.

To sum it up, I believe we generally hand with people who share the similar values, morals, persoanlities, ect....

Old 01-13-2001, 09:48 AM   #4

Alexis* HB User

I agree and disagree with the above. Most of my women friends are promiscous when they are not in relationships. I am not and believe sex and love go together as much as love and sex go together (I know a little old-fashion). This is only one facet of their personalities. I have been friends with many of them for a very long time. They have many characteristics that I do find similiar to mine. They are highly intelligent women who are not afraid to speak up when they see something wrong in the world. They are all wonderful people who most important I would trust with my life. their views on sex are a small part of their personalities. I respect their views and differences, and they respect mine. That is what friendship to me is about.

Closed Thread