It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2001, 10:54 PM   #1

Olivia HB User
Any input on luvox would help!

Now I'm thinking about trying luvox because i've been through just about all ot the meds and nothing is working very well.

Also is zyprexia an ssri?

Thanks for any help

Olivia

Old 01-01-2001, 11:19 PM   #2

TrickyDick HB User
Re: Any input on luvox would help!

Unless you have OCD I don't think it will help you much with depression, but that is my thoughts only..because of 2 friends that tried it for a couple of months.
Remeron will make me sleepy so I take it at bedtime. All medications take time to get used to. a week is not enough, sometimes a month is not enough. Switching meds in less than one month or even sometimes two is something my Doc will not let me do. (my other docs did'nt give a damn)I did not like Remeron at first. It did'nt seem to be doing anything..I thought...but after a couple of months (I was on a high dose) it did start making a very big difference in my attitude.
A good medium dosage of any new med is going to effect you at the start. Medications are not to be taken lightly and they are serious business. But, with patience and taking them at the same time each day and not expecting too much too soon you can make meds work for you.
Also, as I have already said before but it is worth repeathing, if your health will allow you, get out and get exercise and sunshine. Together with meds you will sleep better and feel better.
Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2001, 11:43 PM   #3

Olivia HB User

Thanks for the reply TD,

I think I do have OCD, so does my boyfriend. I am obsessed with always checking my skin in the mirror , examining every pore. I'm compulsive about my appearance to the point that it's rediculous. My boy friend says I'm a
beautyrexic. Sometimes I go on these compulisive diets,& I get compuled with exercise. I'm also in recovery for alcohol and drug addiction.
Impusivity is my middle name.
I'm also very disorganized and have a hard time focusing on one thing at a time.

I don't know anymore ---What does this sound like to you?

Your opinion is very much respected.

p.s. That remeron makes me eat like a pig and I used to be bulemic. Don't want to go there.

[This message has been edited by Olivia (edited 01-02-2001).]<p>[This message has been edited by Olivia (edited 01-02-2001).]

Old 01-02-2001, 07:52 AM   #4

TrickyDick HB User

I understand the concern with overeating, but being hungry and eating too much is two different things.
If your not sure about being OCD, you must go to a doc to find out for sure. There are various degrees of obsession. I have had many lady friends that were concerned about their looks. I get so tired sometimes waiting for them to get ready to go somewhere. But assuming you do, what are you more concerned about, being hungry or getting your obsessions under control.
I handle my hunger by just chewing gum, drinking a lot of water and chewing on beef jerky. I don't know if you could do that or not. There may be another good OCD med that is better, but a doctor (a qualified head doctor) could and would be able to help you with that. But whatever you try, stay with it for at least a month. Jumping around on meds is one way to get screwed up even more.
Good luck

Old 01-02-2001, 12:43 PM   #5
Inactive

K Lynn HB User

Sounds maybe like Adult Add too? With your drug abuse background, i would advise against ritalin, but maybe concerta would be good to talk to your doc about.

Old 01-03-2001, 03:37 PM   #6

Olivia HB User

Thanks K lynn-

Yea I do think add is a very good possibility and the luvox should help that .
The doc is slowly moving me up to 300mg. per day.

I really hope it helps cause I am in a world of hurt right now. My depression is
making me shut out everything that is
good for me and I'm making self sabotaging decisions.

I feel awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just want this pain to go away.

Olivia

Old 01-08-2001, 01:06 AM   #7

mimy35 HB User

Olivia,
You sound just like me.I constantly ruin everything for myself.I write my first post a little while ago about neurontin and more.
I hope that you have luck with the luvox.I was given luvox for neuropathy just lke the neorontin,which i wouldn't touch for anything in this world again.
I have been depressed and worsenning by the second and i was given luvox for an antidepressent but it would have been nice if it worked.Every 2 weeks my doctor increased it by 100 mg's and it basically helped me fall asleep with the pain from my neuropathy.It's a kind of inbetween old fashioned and newer prozac type pill.It is mild with only a tiny weight gain that will adjust and come right off,if any at all.It would be interesting to see if it works for you.It is an extremely mild prescription with not much of any side effects.I hope it works for you.
I found it interesting how a few things you said sounded just like me.The girl that you were conversing with that wrote some desperate messages(i forgot her name,it started with a K i think)sounded exactly like me.I'll have to read back over the posts again.Good Luck!! I hope someone feels better.(mimy35)

Closed Thread