It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2000, 10:44 PM   #1

Di HB User
Fat AND Depressed or Depressed AND Fat?

I posted this on a different board...but thought I'd post here too...I am really curious if anyone else feels like me.Thanks.

Hello. Is anyone else a bit down, PLUS fat? I can't decide if I'm fat because I'm sad or if I'm sad because I'm fat. I just don't know how to attack this. My doc says I am NOT depressed...that I just need to lose like 100 pounds. But most days, except for going to work, I don't want to do anything but lay in bed. I have a war going on in my mind...berating myself for not going for a walk (or waddle in my case). So, every day I say...THIS is my day, I will do it...and like 99% of the time, I just don't. I don't exercise. So I stay fat. And then I stay sad. I am not on any meds. As I said...doc says I am not depressed.

Not sure why I'm posting...just wanted to know if anyone else goes round and round like this. Maybe I'm nuts?

Thanks for reading this and for any input any of you may have.

Old 12-27-2000, 11:47 PM   #2

TrickyDick HB User
Re: Fat AND Depressed or Depressed AND Fat?

Since I started taking meds I have had a tendency to gain weight. Since I have a bad back and knees it is hard for me to get any vertical exercise. But, I started getting some exercise with light weights and swimming at the YMCA. I feel much better and I know that if I did'nt do this I would weight 300 lbs in no time at all. Yes, its a pain and inconvient to go to the Y and do all this every other day but if I DON'T I am the only one to blame. Besides, I have some lady friends that would not like it very much if I got any bigger than I am.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2000, 02:18 AM   #3
Inactive

joy HB User

Di,
You need another doctor; possible a psych. You seem depressed to me, not being able to go for a walk [just can't do it]. I don't have the weight problem, but I don't really have any motivation either; just don't have it in me. I would change docs. Although some of these meds cause weight gain, another med can be added to prevent this. See a bona fide psych who can help you get motivated. Good luck.
Joy

Old 12-28-2000, 08:25 PM   #4

kyle4267 HB User

I think you are probably very much depressed and you need to see a different doc. I think you will be glad you got a second opinion.
Take my advice and do so. Good luck and I think you will be glad you did.

Old 01-15-2001, 03:34 PM   #5

Steffer HB User

Please e-mail me. You and I have have so much in common, maybe together we can help each other. I look forward to hearing from you.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Di:
<B>I posted this on a different board...but thought I'd post here too...I am really curious if anyone else feels like me.Thanks.

Hello. Is anyone else a bit down, PLUS fat? I can't decide if I'm fat because I'm sad or if I'm sad because I'm fat. I just don't know how to attack this. My doc says I am NOT depressed...that I just need to lose like 100 pounds. But most days, except for going to work, I don't want to do anything but lay in bed. I have a war going on in my mind...berating myself for not going for a walk (or waddle in my case). So, every day I say...THIS is my day, I will do it...and like 99% of the time, I just don't. I don't exercise. So I stay fat. And then I stay sad. I am not on any meds. As I said...doc says I am not depressed.

Not sure why I'm posting...just wanted to know if anyone else goes round and round like this. Maybe I'm nuts?

Thanks for reading this and for any input any of you may have.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Closed Thread