It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2000, 08:43 AM   #1

Chris HB User
Advice needed

I am not sure what to think about mylife. Sometimes I am happy and sometimes I am depressed. I quess its that way with everyone. I find the advise I get here very helpful if that means anything. I am a typical mid 20s guy. I work everyday, live week to week and try to get by. I am single but I have lots of freinds. As of late I have not been having fun with anyone. I have been bored when I go out with my freinds. I am not having fun and hate being there. Sometimes I feel like a am not good enought to go out, that I am embarresing and don't look goodenough to hang out. It makes me feel sad.

So.........as of late I have been staying it. I don't go out and that makes me feel lonely. I feel like a loser staying in. I feel that I will never have any fun again if I keep staying in, even though I know its better to stay in if it makes me feel better.

What do you guys think?

Old 11-17-2000, 07:19 PM   #2

Catriona HB User
Re: Advice needed

Chris---

What you are going through, it is not abnormal. While not everyone goes through it, most do. And of the people who do, most dont say anything about it, they just become recluse.
In my opinion, that is sad. There is so much in life to enjoy, to see, to do. When I am down, I feel very much like how you are. I do not get treatment fom someone for it. I have come to realise when I am starting to feel that way and consciously make a decision not to. I jerk myself out of it by constantly telling myself I am a worthy person. At first I dont believe it but just keep on, it will work.
Also, surround yourself with people you love, and who love you. They will begin to see the start of it and help you through....it is not easy, but it is better than the alternative.
Keep in touch

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2000, 11:39 PM   #3
Inactive

Kathrin HB User

Hey Chris
in any case you should NIT feel like a loser if you don't go out. Hey at times I never go out, i usually am a loner, kind of, even when i am in my good mood I like to do stuff by myself a lot. the thing is, we are all different.

Some times in our lives we need a lot of time to ourselves.

Of course if you are depressed and that's why you saty home, and feel miserable, you should really talk to somebody, because depression really can be treated.

Kathrin

Old 11-25-2000, 08:36 AM   #4

Beebs HB User

Been there. Done that. In my case, I was also in my mid-twenties, but this was brought on by a loss of a job. Actually, I think it started before then and that indirectly the loss of the job was related to my feelings of depression (I didn't think of it as depression then). I sank so low that I was sat around and watched TV and got fat and lost contact with my friends - I didn't want to do anything. I didn't want to get a job - didn't feel worthy or good enough to have one - I just didn't think I could do anything right. I finally came out of it on my own (sort of).

So I can share your feelings. Just don't want you to sink as low as I did because it was hell, and it can sneak up on you. Keep a routine. Good luck.

Closed Thread