It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2000, 11:04 PM   #1

kmurra HB User
very new here and very depressed

hi everyone,i used to belong to Wings of Madness on the delphi forums but it became so huge and impersonal,i just found this site tonite and i like the way it looks....anyway i am in my late 40's and have been depressed most of my life,been on every drug combo without much success and therapy is the same ol same ol,noone really understands the struggles depressives go through just to get through each day...anyway would love to share experiences with all of you about this madness...karen

------------------

Old 11-28-2000, 06:48 AM   #2

kyle4267 HB User
Re: very new here and very depressed

I'm new to Karen. It seems like a pretty good place here. I posted yesterday and got a reply shortly after. I too have been on alot of meds. Can't tell you one is better than the other. I'm a 36 year old male who is disabled. That alone has given me good reason to be depressed. My life just resently went to hell about 3 years ago. Up until then I was fine. Things are al;ot different now. I had a really bad spell the other day and that is what brought me here. It was like a panic attack I guess. I'm not sure what to call it all I know is it scared the crap out of me. I've never freaked out like that before NEVER. I've got 4 kids and a wonderful girlfriend and a very understanding family here in Iowa but still am very depressed.I'm having a hard time dealing with what has happened to me. They say you don't have to have a reason to be depressed but I got one. Write back to the Forum and tell us your story we would be glad to hear from you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2000, 12:56 PM   #3
Inactive

clouds HB User

hi . i too am new here . i was at mgh forums but it isdevolved to only chit chat and has historonic personallites that want to be the center of atention basically i left. thats not my cup of tea but some likeit,you may try mgh forums too but i dont think they are that geart ,well anyway helloim 47 ocd schizopfenicor some thing <p>[This message has been edited by clouds (edited 11-29-2000).]

Old 12-15-2000, 08:48 PM   #4

Piper HB User

Hi Karen,

First, I'd like to say that I left the Wings of Madness sight a long time ago, for the SAME reason!! But, you know, I revisit from time to time because I just love the way the sight looks.

Anyway, I've suffered from depression all of my life too. I'm 26, I really struggle with the same things. I feel like no-one cares. And people really don't understand depression. Lucky for you and I, we have this website. It's better than nothing. And we understand each other, even if it completely anonymous.

The thing that scares me is I wonder if I'll ever be happy again. Right now, I feel like I'm just "maintaining" with my medicine and therapy...that's not good enough, I want to be my old self again. I want to enjoy the things I used to enjoy, like, visiting and hanging out with friends, church, family, hobbies, making goals and plans for my life, even sex with my husband.

Depression zaps so much of our energy that getting up somedays feels like a complete and total miracle. Am I right?

Well, I'm sorry I ended up turning the subject to myself but I just wanted to let you know that there are people out here who understand and share your pain. I wish you the best and will be looking out for your posts.

Sincerely

Piper

Old 12-15-2000, 10:58 PM   #5

TrickyDick HB User

Hey Karen and Piper,
Two more young ladies to add to our small but growing band of warriors against depression. You won't have to bring much with you on our journey, just your determination, courage and a sense of humor.
The battles will be varied, from the quick ambush when someone is surprised and wounded to the full blown firefight where we all are fighing not just for our own lives but for each other. The journey will be long and bloody but we will win.

Old 12-16-2000, 03:04 PM   #6

Olivia HB User

Hi Karen and Piper,

Welcome to the board. I've struggled with depression since about the age of 10 when my parents divorced but I didn't know I was depressed until about 5 years ago. I've been on and off of meds since then. Currently I'm taking paxil 20 mgs. and I'm feeling some relief. I'v e tried so many different meds but I get bad side effects so I'm frustrated just like you guys.
I never really had an old self to get back to.

Well anyway hope you guys hang out here with us for awhile.

Olivia

Old 12-16-2000, 08:31 PM   #7

Piper HB User

Tricky Dick,

I can already tell I'm going to like you. Your message to Karen and I was nice. It was extremely encouraging. It was also funny because it made me feel like I was in the movie Braveheart, standing on the battlefield in full dress. That made me laugh. And we all know that laughter is very good when you suffer from this ******* called depression.

So, thank you. My favorite part of your message was when you said: "...where we are all fighting for not just our own lives but for each other..."

The reason I loved that part was because it eally made me think about how important it is that we do band together. This IS a disease and we have to help each other. The nature of this beast is one that tries to isolate us, make us feel worthless, hopeless, un-needed, un-loved, un-desirable. So, let's fight on!!!!

Piper

Old 12-16-2000, 08:46 PM   #8

Piper HB User

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the warm welcome to the web-site, I'm excited to see how friendly you guys all are. I look forward to developing a strong support system.

Tell me a bit about yourself.

Piper

Old 12-17-2000, 01:42 AM   #9

TrickyDick HB User

Hey Piper (and Karen),
Glad you got a lift, I know we all need at least one a day..or as many as we can beg, borrow or steal. (or sneak)
But, I was serious in my overall message. We have for so long walked by each other or ignored the pain and suffering of others that we have disconnected something within ourselves and our world is so much the worse off for it.
The fight against depression and addiction (not saying you have an addiciton, I do) is a full time battle and it needs to be treated as such. I would like to see classes in school in life management (also checkbook mangement). I would like to see people take pride and concern for others without thinking about getting a tax break if they gave the poor or sick. I don't know you and might never know you but I want to believe that you and others if given the chance would help someone because you know its the right thing to do. I know you know that when you do, it makes you feel better and feel like you are a better person.
I have two kids, both grown, both with tons of problems. I help them whenever I can, I try to be there for them and I keep communications open with them all the time. My addictions and depression get in the way sometimes but I will not allow them to hurt my children.
We all need all the help and understanding we can get. Here I hope we can share and be of help to each other. You can make a difference here, you already have and you will again. <p>[This message has been edited by TrickyDick (edited 12-17-2000).]

Closed Thread