It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2000, 02:02 PM   #1

Gail HB User
bills

There's nothing like being depressed and then getting a huge bill from the mental health center. I got one for $800 and that was only through March!!!! I called them today and found out that they hadn't filed with Medicaid yet. Why do they even send it to me before they have done all the can to get it as low as possible? What are they trying to do? Send me over the edge?
Then I get one from the hospital today. It wasn't as high but it is still for money I just don't have. Medicaid denied it. They said the hospital used a wrong code. Why don't the two of them get together and try to figure it out? No, thy've got to get me upset first. I know I shouldn't get so upset but I do. Hopefully I will hear back from the hospital soon and it will all be taken care of.
I just had to vent to someone.
Thanks,
Gail

Old 12-12-2000, 07:22 PM   #2

kyle4267 HB User
Re: bills

I can understand completely. My medical bills are outstanding and that is one of the reasons I'm so depressed. So try to remember that I have them too and I know they stink. I feel for you Gail. They just want your money now. They are afraid they are not going to get every last dime. I don't buy some food because of my med bills and prescription medications. I'm not starving to death but I'm broke at the end of every month. So remember I'm thinking of you and so is everybody here. Write back and vent whenever you want to.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2000, 11:41 PM   #3

TrickyDick HB User

Hey Gail and Kyle,
You guys should try my method of accounts payable. What I do is get the address and invoice number or such and the name or dept. and write a letter telling them that I am unable to pay at this time and that I will pay when ever it becomes possible. I mail the letter and attach a copy to the invoice and file it in my file cabinet. Thats where it stays. I have invoices and letters that are five years old. When they call I tell them to hold and I get out the correct invoice and letter and read it to them. That holds them for another few months untill they just give up and don't call anymore. My
meds are paid for by the state since I don't have very much income. The doctors bills pile up untill that doc won't see me anymore and I switch to a new one. This is not the way I would like to do this, I have always paid my own way and never had overdue bills untill 1995. But it is what it is and I can't do anything about it so I am not going to worry about it.

Old 12-13-2000, 07:01 AM   #4
(female)

Blueeyes HB User

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say that I think that so many people are in the same boat as all of us are. With me, it seems as soon as I have any extra money - something comes up. I never have any money as a result.

TD, I like your way of keeping the collectors at bay. I'm just so sick of sending out my money and having none left to buy necessities. (The zipper on the pants I'm wearing today just broke - these pants are a few years old.)

Anyway, Gail, when you do get those bills in the mail, I know it must feel like you're the only one who they sent one to. And you feel like you don't know what to do. Just remember that we're all in the same boat.

Instead of being pushed over the edge, I get angry. I get angry because I have to make phone calls to straighten out the mess and basically I'm doing someone elses work for them.

One thing you have to understand about the hospitals is that they are sending this bill so that if you pay it they don't have to deal with Medicaid anymore - you do. So, don't pay anything and just toss the bill in the garbage, another one will be on its way soon.

Old 12-15-2000, 03:51 AM   #5
Unregistered

Contacting a hospital administrator in regard to misbillings gets results.
Call the hospital and ask for the name and phone number of the hospital's Chief Administrator.

Bypass customer service and the billing dept.

Old 12-15-2000, 09:56 AM   #6
Inactive

clouds HB User

having no money is probably 80% of the reason people get depressed, and having no job , no self esteem , no ego ,noplace , but we live in america where the rich get richer? and the poor the get poorer maybe or did welfare reform work? i doubt it . i did vote for bush but gingrich made me sick and i dont like any of them much , i like widen of oregon maybe

Closed Thread