It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2000, 08:55 PM   #1

kyle4267 HB User
Whats the most effective dose of Remeron?

I'm currenlty take 15mg. at bed time. I know some of you said the higher dose is better. Can anyone who is taking Remeron tell me what the most effective dose range is? And does the cost double if you double the dose? If that is the case I'm not going to be able to afford it. 15mg. is cashy enough. I'm thinking of an alternative plan of Elavil and xanax. Those are pretty inexpensive and I think there old reliables if you ask me. They have been around for a long time. I use to take elavil for pain after my 8 ERCP's they put me thru during my pancreatitis days. If I remember correctly I never felt this bad emotionally when I was on it. And that was a pretty tramatic time in my life. So maybe it did work pretty good. But I still like the Remeron, don't get me wrong. I'm just trying to figure the most effective easiest way out of this mess.Bye all
as ever
Kyle

Old 12-27-2000, 12:24 PM   #2

TrickyDick HB User
Re: Whats the most effective dose of Remeron?

Hey Kyle,
No your not taking enough to start with..you should start on 60mg (my experience and thoughts only).

Try this....go to:

<A HREF="http://www.themedicineprogram.com" TARGET=_blank>www.themedicineprogram.com </A>

I know nothing about it, but got it off the TV one day. Also, I would bet Iowa has a program to assist (most likely with federal funds) people that neeed meds. I know Texas does. Good luck and let us know, ok?<p>[This message has been edited by TrickyDick (edited 12-27-2000).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2001, 10:48 PM   #3

Olivia HB User

Hi you guys,

Remeron makes me feel like crap!
Constipation, lethargic, just want to sleep non stop, I just can't hang with this.

I'm glad it works for you guys but three days of it sent me into orbit.

Do you know anything about zyprexia?

Thanks, Olivia

Old 01-02-2001, 01:27 PM   #4

utahkid HB User

Remeron is different than other meds in that the biggest side effect, daytime drowsiness, actually decreases when the dose is increased.

As for cost, check with a pharmacy. Drug pricing is very erratic. I take Celexa and the cost for a 40 mg pill is only slightly more than a 20 mg pill. I read HMO rules that said that if you take 20 mg, you must use the 40 mg pills and cut them in half.

So check out the larger Remeron pill and hopefully it will cost a lot less than double the smaller dose.

Closed Thread