It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2001, 05:10 PM   #1

ginli HB User
neurontin and other med questions

Does anyone here take neurontin? I know it's a seizure med but they use it for mood disorder, too. Like Lamectil. How do you find it?? Any side effects? I'm not on it but I do take celexa with serzone. I am so sick of the hit or miss thing with meds that even though i don't feel that they are working i'll stay on them because i'm tired of keep trying different ones. My husband died this past year on top of everything else. The meds (all the ones i've tried)all have side effects i can't tolerate. What does one do when confronted with this situation??? I'm pretty desperate and my doctor(who i don't think is a real psychiatrist anyway) could care less. He dosen't know much abbout med mixing or meds period. Any advice?? This seems like a good board for help in this area so i hope you can. thanks ginli

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2001, 07:43 PM   #2
Inactive

joy HB User
Re: neurontin and other med questions

Please go to a new psychiatrist who excels in medication management. I have a friend that takes Neurontin for pain management. You need the expertees of a good psych. I have taken Paxil. Zoloft and Serzone, and Celexa. Paxil worked well but I got off it and it did not work well the 2nd time. You have to give a med at least 4-5 weeks chance, and you may be starting on too high a dose. I am douing very well on Prozac [20 mg] less than 2 weeks on it. I started at 10 mg. I take .5 xanax before bedtime so I sleep well. Please get a doc who cares. It will make a big difference in your life. I'm sorry for your loss. Please know that you are cared about.
Joy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2001, 02:49 PM   #3

ginli HB User

I just want to thank you all for your help. I do need advice that's why i wrote. Thanks again, ginli<p>[This message has been edited by moderator1 (edited 01-18-2001).]

Old 01-16-2001, 06:48 PM   #4
Inactive

joy HB User

Thank you very much, Ginli. I hope everything turns out well for you.
Joy

<p>[This message has been edited by moderator1 (edited 01-18-2001).]

Closed Thread