It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2001, 11:11 AM   #1

kthornburg HB User
Zoloft=no/low sex drive

yes, I was on Zoloft for a year and a half, and wasn't able to orgasm. No matter what we tried, it wouldn't work. Even tantric sex didn't seem to make me feel "horny" i guess, sex became routine, and i felt like just going through the motions would make it better. The sad thing is there's absolutely nothing you can do to help this, except get off Zoloft. That's when you have to ask yourself "sex or sanity"? really. Just FYI for anyone who wanted anohther opinion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2001, 11:36 AM   #2

kyle4267 HB User
Re: Zoloft=no/low sex drive

All depression meds are no good for your sex life. I hate them for that. They have ruined my sexlife. Maybe someday I'll get off of these meds and then look out!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2001, 01:35 PM   #3
Inactive

K.Bailey HB User

It's too bad that alot of anti-depressants can cause no/low sex drive. How long have you been on the Zoloft? It could be a matter of give and take. Depends on your age and how important sex is to you. My sister is on Paxil, it works for her, but no sex drive. You can give it a chance or tell your doctor it bothers you too much and you can try something different. GOOD LUCK. Kevin

Old 01-22-2001, 01:51 PM   #4
Inactive

K.Bailey HB User

I don't know why my first post didn't take. Here we go again. It's too bad that alot of anti-depressants gives you a low/no sex drive. It has happened to me alot of times. Seems like the end of the world. It could also be a matter of give and take. How old you are and how bad you need sex. My sister is on Paxil and it helps her, but she has no sex drive.(Give and take) You just may have to keep trying AD's until you find one that's right. Tell your doctor. My

Old 01-22-2001, 02:43 PM   #5

smiley HB User

I also am having trouble with having an orgasm. I have been on zoloft for just 2 weeks. I am not intersted in sex at all. I am 25.
It is hard I have just recently been engaged and want to keep my boyfriend happy, but my happiness comes first, he has been very understanding. I just try to keep his pleasured.
I am going to continue my zoloft and hope for the best, maybe it will all work out.

Old 01-22-2001, 04:18 PM   #6

kyle4267 HB User

I was on Zoloft and now I'm on Remeron and both have screwed up my sex life. I have a girlfriend and it is hard for me to keep her happy when I can't even, you know what I'm talking about. I quit taking them two days before and that helps me get it going anyway. At least it gives her some pleasure but as far as me orgasming you can forget it. Sometimes I can and sometimes I can't. I think that depresses me alone, I know it does. I'm a young man still at 36 and I'm suppose to still be in my prime and I'm not. It hurts me inside but I just try to ignore it like everything else. Bye for now and hope everyone is well.

------------------
as ever
Kyle

Old 01-24-2001, 11:34 PM   #7

smiley HB User

Hi, I have to be honest with you all. For the first time today I enjoyed my sex with my boyfriend. Been on zoloft for almost three weeks now and just was'nt intersted in sex at all since i have been taking my zoloft. But boy do I feel relaxed now.
So I say just relax everyone whose taking an anti-depressant and maybe it will happen. Or maybe not, I just wanted to say it worked for me.
I wish everyone luck.

Closed Thread