It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2001, 07:25 AM   #1

SoLost HB User
mimy35

Hi there, I know how difficult it is to be in your situation and the dispair that you are feeling. Back in March I came home to find that my boyfriend of 7 years had moved all his stuff out and that he was leaving me. I was shocked, horrified, angry, hurt, sad all at the same time. I was depressed to begin with but things just got worse. A few days after that I had an accident at work that should have killed me(luckily I only had a few scratches and some pain) I just totally lost control of my life. I needed some help. I have a 7 year old daughter and I couldn't care for her because my depression imobolized me. I tried to put her in temporary care with a goverment organization but this just made my life worse. I had no family or friends as my ex was extremely abusive and would not permit these contacts. I was totally alone. I have my daughter back with me now but the battle is still going on. I saw a psych...he gave me a perscription of effexor 75mg and sent me on my way. Well, I became horribly ill and stopped taking it. I guess as the grief lessened and I started putting my life back together I started to feel a little better. I have friends and a supportive bf now. Unfortuantely, I learned, on Dec.20 that my mom's husband has been sexually assaulting my daughter and that just sent me into one of the deepest depressions of my life. I can barely function and have been given leave from work to get treatment. I am going to receive some treatment from an organization here that has a desire to treat the whole problem not just the environmental issues or biological ones.

I think that in time as you get over being abandoned and you meet some healthy people you will begin to feel a little better but I wouldn't understate what help docs can provide. Yes, some are pill pushers and don't give a damn but their are others who will honestly try to provide some relief. Anyway, take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2001, 01:13 PM   #2
Inactive

joy HB User
Re: mimy35

Please get to another psychiatrist asap, and your daughter needs help. You must be able to care for your daughter, so you have to take care of yourself. Please don't feel abandoned. I care about you and I'm sure others do. You don't need a controlling, abusive husband. I am on Prozac now and it is really helping me. Sometimes we just need help. Please see a good, caring psych. You and your daughter are worth it.
Joy

Old 01-14-2001, 03:43 PM   #3

SoLost HB User

Hi Joy,

My point to mimy was to tell her that I had a similar experience to her. My controlling ex is gone now and I have a very supportive man in my life who is helping me through this and is standing by my side even when things are tough...like during difficult withdrawls from drugs that just don't work for me. I am seeing a new doc within the week and will be getting help for myself and my daughter...thanks for the advice.

Old 01-17-2001, 02:49 AM   #4

mimy35 HB User

Solost,
I am so sorry somehow i never received your post.I just happened to be reading the board starting at the begining and just kept going when i saw your post to me.
Thank you ever so deeply to be thinking of me and your comment right after it to Joy.
I am so sorry for you.I wish that i actually knew you and were there for you.Your situation made the hair on my neck stick up.I dont even know what to say.There is so much racing through my head that unless i was talking to you face to face i cant express.I have never ben good at writing.I'm excellent at expressing what i have to say but not by email.
I will be thinking of you and wondering probably forever.I really dont want to say the wrong thing.I dont know you or all of your situation well enough.I cant tell if you are doing a little better right now or not.There is no way that i could handle what you are going through but it sounds like you have more strength right now than i do,but everything is a hell of alot easier said than done.
You will be onmy mind alot right now and i know that i will never stop wondering about you.
You have all my deepest thoughts and hope!

Closed Thread