It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2001, 01:17 PM   #1

ser HB User
Celexa

Can any one tell me how long I should give my body to adjust to the medication. I am experancing some fuzzyness during the day along with sweating at night not too bad just enough to kick the covers off. And I feel more awake at night then during the day.

I have been taking 10mg for 6 days and will increase to 20mg tomorrow for 3 more weeks.

What are the other alternatives for this group of Meds?

Old 01-04-2001, 02:39 PM   #2

Casper HB User
Re: Celexa

You should allow at least 6 weeks at each dosage to see if the medication works. Are you taking the meds in the morning, or at night? Try changing the time you take the meds to see if your sleep gets better. As for side-effects, I'm not sure but I think the initial ones usually taper off after a couple of weeks, approximately. Sweating, however, is a pretty common side-effect of SSRI's (and different SSRI's affect everyone differently - so it's trial and error).

Celexa is an SSRI and other meds in this group include Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Luvox and Effexor. Effexor is the only one that affects not only Seratonin, but another neurotransmitter as well (and I can't remember which one that is right now - Dopamine maybe?). Of all the SSRI's, Paxil and Effexor both have the shortest half-lives and, because of this, many people suffer from a withdrawal syndrome when discontinuing them (up to 40%).

I hope this helps a bit.

Be well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2001, 09:57 PM   #3
Unregistered

Re: Celexa

You might want to ask your doctor what time of day you should take the Celexa or switch from am. to pm. I had problems with daytime drowsiness when I took the Celexa at night and once I started taking it in the mornings, it got much better. Some of the other side effects may take a little while to lessen. I'm having some trouble with the Celexa and dreams-- too many, too vivid. Good luck!

Closed Thread