It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2001, 11:33 AM   #1
(female)

Theresa341 HB User
What can I expect from Zoloft??

My doctor has just diagnosed me with depression and has prescribed Zoloft. What can i expect? What are some common side effects? How long will it take until I feel "normal" again? Any responses are greatly appreciated!!

Old 01-12-2001, 01:08 PM   #2
Inactive

K Lynn HB User
Re: What can I expect from Zoloft??

Personally, I think zoloft is the best out of all of them. Start at a low dose and increase gradually. I took it and I felt like the old me again for the first time in years. It took about 2 weeks, although the first week I did notice more energy. You may notice a decrease in appetite initially...you may have a naseus feeling...I describe it as the feeling you have when you drink way too much coffee. If you take it as prescribed, it should make a world of difference! The only reason I stopped was due to pregnancy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2001, 02:19 PM   #3
(female)

Theresa341 HB User

Thanks for the info- I just have a few more questions..... I read that a side effect of Zoloft is weight loss- is this true? (I wouldn't mind! LOL) Also, keep reading about headaches and vomit feeling- how long does this usually last? Also, is there a good time to take it- pm versus am? I also read that it can cause insomnia- is this true? Like I said before, ANY posts are appreciated!

Old 01-12-2001, 03:22 PM   #4

Alexis* HB User

You live in Manchester? I grew up in Nashua.
I have been on Zoloft for about 2 and a half months, and it has been wonderful for me. The first week or so it bothered my stomach, after that it hasn't been too bad. When I was depressed I lost a lot of weight. I have put some back on, but nothing major, just weight I needed. It didn't make me lose more weight or really gain any except what I gained from just eating healthy again. I heard that it does at first suppress appetite but than it returns to normal. Of course everyone reacts differently.
Has it been cold here or what?

Closed Thread