It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2000, 08:04 AM   #1
Inactive

KLynn HB User
Effexor or Prozac?

Going to doc on wed., was on zoloft and it stopped working, celexa doesnt help, just makes me tired......my doc is going to suggest either effexor or prozac. Since my main concern is that I dont want to be groggy and tired (like Celexa made me) and I dont want weight gain, which one is the better bet? Does anyone have experience with either, or a different one that would help me? I am on nothing now and I am a basketcase.

Old 12-01-2000, 02:12 PM   #2

flipper HB User
Re: Effexor or Prozac?

Hi
I'm on prozac and it seems to be working for me. I hate the holiday season i seem to just want to stay inside and hibernate. I always feel out of place. But at Thanksgiving this year I was really suprised at how everything went. I didn't feel like I was in a corner and felt more at ease than I have in years and that's with my family. I'm really not looking forward to christmas because they make to much out of it.

But anyway the Prozac seems to help and I was losing weight until I was off work for 3 weeks and couldn't walk or excersise so I've gained just about all of it back. but since I'm back to work not full fledged but still back I'm hoping to lose the weight again.

I don't know about any of the other meds out there because I just recienly went and was diagnosed.

Hope all works out well
I don't feel real tiered either

god bless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2000, 08:33 PM   #3

TrickyDick HB User

I've been on them all at one time or another.
The one I have been on lately and seems to
be the best without all the side effects is
Remeron.. You take it about 30 minutes before
bedtime and wake up refreshed and ready to
go. Dosage is important. It will depend
on your body weight and age and other things.
I started on 70mg as I was REALLY depressed
and needed to get dosed up immediatly.
I am now on 30mg a day (after 6 months).
I will go on 20mg sometime after the first
of the year.
Ask your doc about it.
Good luck...and oh..forgot to mention unless
you eat loads of nuts and green veggies each
day you need to take a magnesium supplement
each day (will do wonders for you).

Old 12-02-2000, 11:20 PM   #4
Inactive

Kathrin HB User

I just wanted to add a response to your foremer post. there you asked, should you maybe just give up the hunt for the right medication? I just wanted to say, no! For soem people ti just takes a while. but of course you should not give up!
Kathrin

Old 12-03-2000, 12:34 AM   #5

victoria HB User

I too, am on Zoloft, and after two years, it stopped working for me. I AM curious to see how long you were on the Zoloft.

The drug that worked for me prior to Zoloft, but also wore off after two years, was Effexor. I did really well on it. I think I have a two year cap on my med's effectiveness. Anyway, I also had tried Prozac prior to the Effexor, and had a terrible reaction. I had the strongest drive to rip the head off of a human or an animal. I'm not joking! It was awful. I was stopped immediately, cold turkey.

The choice is yours. I just wanted to let you know that my experience with Effexor was much, much better than with Prozac. Good luck!

Old 12-03-2000, 10:15 AM   #6
Inactive

clouds HB User

i m been on prozac and buspar

Closed Thread