It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2001, 08:35 AM   #1
(female)

Blueeyes HB User
Need advice from anyone who's willing to give it...

I'm having a hard time explaining my feelings and reasons for feeling the way I do to my significant other.

[This message has been edited by BlueEyes (edited 01-05-2001).]<p>[This message has been edited by BlueEyes (edited 01-05-2001).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2001, 10:56 AM   #2

Eron HB User
Re: Need advice from anyone who's willing to give it...

You are not wrong to be angry about what happened and let him know that what he did hurt you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2001, 01:46 PM   #3

TrickyDick HB User

Hey BlueEyes,
You can be angry with him anytime you want, just don't attack him personally. Make him feel guilty for hurting your feelings. But don't run him down. If you don't keep a good line of communication with him about all things you will drift apart.
I might give you a possible explantion for the specific instance you gave.
He might have really wanted to stay in for a number of reasons. But..then his buddy comes by and grabs him up and takes him out with him to drink or talk or whatever. He might not give much resistance or the reasons he wanted to stay in would be something he would not want to tell his buddy. Men are funny like that..If he did'nt feel too good, he might have not told his friend because he did'nt want to look like a wossie. Or, his buddy had a problem and needed someone to talk to, or one of several reasons that had nothing to do with him putting his buddy over you. But...I can tell you one sure way to screw up a relationship. Try and come between friends..male or female, you or him.
Being SO's does not give anyone EXCLUSIVE rights to the others time. He needs to do what he needs to do and so do you. Trust and understanding is something that you develop over time.
Peace

Old 01-08-2001, 07:22 AM   #4
(female)

Blueeyes HB User

Yeah, I edited most of the message because it was too detailed and to personal to leave up for a long time. Anyone who knew me would be able to read it and figure out who I am. So, I just left it up for a little while.

Thanks for the advice though!

Old 01-18-2001, 03:32 PM   #5

2Curious HB User

Hay what is wrong?
What is the problems that are you experinceing with your significant other?
The only advice that I can offer is to open the lines of communication with the other person and let them know what you are feeling and see how they are feeling with out blaming each other and only using I statements...
Hope this Helps.
2Curious

Closed Thread