It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2000, 03:42 PM   #1

kyle4267 HB User
remeron for depression

Can anyone tell me their experience with Remeron? I have been taking it for about 2 months now and I don't think it's doing me any good. I'm still down in the dumps most of the time. I had a really bad spell the other day. I've never felt like that before, it was an overwhelming feeling. I can't explain it. It felt horrible. It was a dark and cloudy day and reality hit me in the face. I started thinking about all the bad things that had happened to me in the past and I made myself sick and threw up. It really scared me. And I'm still scared. I don't know what is happening to me but I know I don't like it. I just want to feel normal again but I can't seem to get out of this rut I'm in. Can someone give me some advise.

Old 11-27-2000, 04:04 PM   #2

missinglynx HB User
Re: remeron for depression

Hi there Kyle and welcome to the group. Hows everything going? Well since you asked about he Remeron, I should tell the truth. I started out at 15mg, this put me totally flat on my back, profound drugged feeling.I didnt feel like mixing with people AT ALL is this happening to you??? Then I went to 3 1/2 on my own accord... Same thing happened every time. Plus I lift weights 5 times weekly so Im in great shape and strong... cant blame me for not trying!( I quit it )
It good for appetite stimulation tho... Are you eating BIG TIME???
Anyhow I have fibromyalgia so my Reactions are sort of "wacked". If you can take it without the fatigue hitting you, I assume thats the case Then you should Have felt big benefits after 2 weeks (its really strong) Trust your instincts... IF you think its hurting you ... Call the MD, make a quick APpointment, get a callback
I feel bad for you bud. make sure they move quick, Its no time to be tough and try to impress people ...
Your life is too valuable to stay on something thats not "TOP RATE" (my opinion)

------------------

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2000, 05:36 PM   #3

TrickyDick HB User
Re: remeron for depression

Kyle... You have not been on your meds long
enough for them to do you any good. It will
take several months for you to see any results. If your taking more than 50mg a
day, it might take less time.
If your taking only 15 or 20mg a day, and after 3 to 4 months it is not helping ask
your doc to double it. You can cut back
after a few months. I have taken almost
every med you can get and Remeron is the
best I have seen. (I am taking it now, abit
at a much lower dosage than I started at 3
and a half years ago).
Take it about 30 minutes before you go to bed
and you will be able to sleep better and you
will wake up refreshed.
Good luck and hang in there.

Closed Thread