It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2000, 02:47 AM   #1
Inactive

Tired HB User
Need to Accept loneliness

I need to accept the fact that I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life and somehow enjoy living.

Old 12-31-2000, 07:28 AM   #2

Beebs HB User
Re: Need to Accept loneliness

It's possible that if you do accept this as your true belief then maybe things will change for you. Sometimes trying to hard or dwelling on something just intensifies the reality of it. It's like the tension just broadcasts itself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2000, 08:06 AM   #3
Inactive

joy HB User

I agree with Beebs. Try not to overfocus on your thought that you will be alone forever. You never know in this life what can happen, but you must try to 'fix' yourself as best you can, and you will send out positive vibes that way. You will bring in more people, and positive people into your life. Seek help [or additional help]for negative thinking. I know it's not easy but you can do it. Cognitive therapy may help you. I don't know if you're on medication, but I tell you not to fixate on being alone. Work on your thoughts getting positive, and keep busy and focus on other things. Best wishes to you.
Joy

Old 12-31-2000, 05:57 PM   #4

TrickyDick HB User

Hey Tired,
Well, thats sure taking the easy way out. No responsibiliy for anyone else, no worries about helping or pleasing anyone else. No need to listen to anyone elses problems or wants or fears.
You will have a simple life with no one to worry about but yourself.
But, it sure won't be much fun without someone to share life with. Someone to help you up when your down or someone to help when they need it.
But hey, if thats what you think you want, its easy, just keep on doing what your doing.
If you change your mind come back here and lets talk about it some more. There are lots of nice guys and girls here and they care.

Old 12-31-2000, 11:42 PM   #5

Di HB User

Tired,

One of the fun things about life (ok...and sometimes not so fun) is that we just don't know what the future holds.

And heck...write kyle...he cracks me up...sounds like a fun guy!

God Bless You!

Love, Di

Old 01-01-2001, 01:43 PM   #6

Beebs HB User

Kyle, Tired posted on the previous board about this a lot. He is unable to find a woman to share his life with.

Tired, I think we all support your decision whatever it is. Like I said before, it might relieve the tension and have an unexpected outcome. You didn't ask for advice so I'm not going to give it, but I believe that you are old enough to know what's best for you. Keep us posted.

Old 01-01-2001, 07:40 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

CINDERELLA HB User

Hello Tired, glad to see you made it over to the new board, some of us wondered how you are. Acceptance is a difficult thing, I know for a fact that if I could accept my back pain I wouldnt be depressed but I cant accept it because it is always there reminding me that I cant do this or I cant do that. You dont have a physical pain holding you back although I understand you have emotional pain. If you can try and forget about finding someone for now and just find some single friends and have some fun then maybe that someone may find you.

Closed Thread