It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2001, 01:02 PM   #1

erinp HB User
Losing everything...

First I'd like say thanks for having this board...it gives me an oppportunity to say things that I could never say face to face to anyone. I've been seriously depressed for quite a while now and don't seem to be getting any better. I fight suicidal thoughts every day, lost all of my friends and have alienated my family. My husband told me yesterday that if I lose my temper with the children one more time he is throwing me out of the house - but I can't help my frustration and lack of patience. I'm so afraid to tell my psych or my therapist everything because I don't want them to put me back in the hospital or back on ECT. Has anyone been is a similar situation or have ANY suggestions at all. This depression is all I can think about. Thanks for listening, it feels good to tell this to someone.

Old 01-07-2001, 02:11 PM   #2

juliek HB User
Re: Losing everything...

I'm sorry you're in a very bad situation right now. This is only my opinion, but I'd tell the therapist everything... as soon as possible. I take it you're going to a psychiatrist as well for the medication perscriptions? I learned the hard, hard way that if I didn't tell my therapist everything, she was only able to help me on the surface... and my problems kept coming up again and again and again.

I don't think they can force you into a hospital or treatment. However, you can be labeled as "non-compliant" like me and the psychiatrist may drop you.

Is there a possibility of going to stay with someone, like a mini-vacation for you, until you can get your racing thoughts together? Or agree with your husband and kid(s) that you will not interact in any way, shape or form with the kid(s) for awhile, allowing your husband to handle all the details? If not, I think your husband would have to go the legal route to get you removed from the premises. Believe it or not, I've got a girlfriend going through this EXACT same thing. I hope I've helped some. Plese take care of yourself.

Julie.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2001, 03:21 PM   #3
Inactive

clouds HB User

try grabbing tight on an object when you get argry an arm furniture shoppincart

Old 01-07-2001, 06:02 PM   #4

TrickyDick HB User

Hey Erinp,
I agree with telling everything to the head doc. You have to be honest and willing to work with him or your just asking for more problems. I struggled with PTSD and anger for years. It made me do and say things I should never (would never had done or said).
I was too stupid to ask or get help. It is hard but you must try to do the things you can before you hurt someone or yourself.
Peace

Closed Thread