It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2000, 06:14 PM   #1

Olivia HB User
question for remeron users?

I hate this paxil now. One month of it is about all I'm going to take, it;s starting to cause too many problems I'm interested in remeron.

Please let me know how long you've been on it and when it started to help you. What dosages your on and what side effects occur. I'm reall desperate right now to find a good med for me.

I feel so up and down lately and I just want to get stabilized so I can live my life.

Thanks, Olivia

Old 12-26-2000, 07:53 PM   #2

kyle4267 HB User
Re: question for remeron users?

Olivia,
I have been on it since August and I think it is the best med out there. I've tried alot of them but not all of them and I think Remeron is the best so far. It puts you right to sleep(you take it before bed) and you wake up refreshed without that drugged feeling. You get out of bed and hop right to the days work ahead. I doubted it once and quit it and ended going back to it. Now that I'm back on it I'm much happier. I use to have some sex side effects but they went away and now I have no problems having sex. I'm as good as my old self again as far as getting in the sack lol. I take 30mg. a day at bedtime. I have high hopes for it. write soon and tell us what you have experienced.
as ever
Kyle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2000, 08:32 PM   #3

TrickyDick HB User

I've been on it for several months (at a higher dose) I am cutting down next month (I hope) to 15mg. Be sure and take it at bedtime as it will make you sleepy. But you will wake up refreshed.
No other side effects for me, not even sexual. You can discuss the starting dosage with your doctor. 60mg is a heavy daily dose but if your really down, it might be a good starting point. Everybodys different so 30mg might be enough. It depends on alot of factors including your weight.

Old 12-26-2000, 08:45 PM   #4

Olivia HB User

Thank you guys for the words of encouragement. It's been a rough couple of days so I'm going to tell the doc on thursday that I would like to start on a high
dose possibly 60mg. as my depression is starting to really kick me in the a** again. If that's too much I can always lower the dose.

Thanks again,

Olivia

Old 12-27-2000, 05:22 AM   #5

missinglynx HB User

I have to give my advice on Remeron. I found it the absolute second worse perscription drug I've ever experienced. And I'm a veteran of this "War" on depression.
The exhaustion and drugged out feeling is mind-boggling. I would rate it worse than Alcohol, The hangover is profound. All this at a dose of 71/2 mg. Taking one dose of 30 made me bedridden> Hey its not just me. One man in the hospital received a dose and slept for 24+ hours straight.
Since this isnt a "feel" good forum I think the truth needs to be expressed.
This is a last resort medication!No one should trade their "energy" to be treated for depression take care Missinglynx

Old 12-27-2000, 12:48 PM   #6

TrickyDick HB User

Hey Missinglynx,
Lets not go too far with the "truth". I happen to be taking Remeron and know several others who take it with no problems at all..
NONE....So be careful with your truth.
The key to taking it as any doctor or someone that is taking it is to take it at BEDTIME. When you wake there is NO hangover.
This is not just me but several others that take this drug...HIGH dosages of it. Now, everyone has hear BOTH TRUTHS, OK?
Remember that this forum is for sharing experiences, not to state that your experience is the only truth. Everyone is going to react differently to any drug. In fact as I have proven in my own case, each persons reaction to a drug changes over time.

Old 12-27-2000, 03:18 PM   #7

kyle4267 HB User

Even if it did do that at first it will only last a little while. You will become use to it after several days. Now I hardly even get tired when I take my dose and they just uped it too. Your body will get use to it in a matter of a few days.
as ever
Kyle

Old 12-29-2000, 12:20 PM   #8

Olivia HB User

Thank you guys,

Yesterday I went to the doc and got some samples of remeron. He gave me 28, 30mg. tablets. He said it was ok for me to take one in the morning but I'm afraid it's going to do something weird to me.

Also he said I should be off of paxil for 10 day before starting this but according to the package insert there was no danger.

He also said it might make me gain weight , did you guys?

Old 12-29-2000, 01:59 PM   #9

TrickyDick HB User

I would wait a few days before starting Remeron. PLEASE don't take it in the morning.(it will make you very sleepy) NOT WEIRD. Take it before bed. Don't expect immediate results (30mg is not a big dose) I started at 75mg (2-30mg and 1-15mg a night).
But I am a fairly large guy. Good luck and don't worry about being weird or anything like that.<p>[This message has been edited by TrickyDick (edited 12-29-2000).]

Old 12-29-2000, 07:21 PM   #10

kyle4267 HB User

Yes take it before bed and it does increase your appitite. You will wake uprefreshed and no sexual side effects. It work for me and i still say its the best on the market.
As ever
kyle

Closed Thread