It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2000, 07:45 AM   #1

ginli HB User
celexa and serzone

I used to take serzone alone then added 1/2 tab of celexa. now i am taking 100mg of serzone and 1/2 of the pink tab of celexa. I don't have the side effects of just the serzone and the celexa alone just didn't do it for me. Has anyone else tried this combo? Does anyone take ativan for sleep?

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2000, 07:54 AM   #2

kyle4267 HB User
Re: celexa and serzone

My father takes Ativan for his panic attacks and he uses it for sleep and he says it helps him alot. Hope this helps. I think he is on a pretty low dose.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2000, 05:03 PM   #3
Inactive

joy HB User

I've taken Celexa [20 mg] which did nothing for me, and Serzone, up to 500 mg which did nothing also. You are on very low doses; probably too low to work. If you start a med on a low dose and stay there a while and increase gradually it works better if it's going to work at all. Serzone is particularly hard to dose, and does not work well for a lot of people. Try 10 mg of Celexa [that's probably what you are taking now] then go to 15, not 20 for another week, and see how you feel. If you are okay go to 20 [of course checking with your doc]. I never had side effects on either med [VCelexa/Serzone][slight insomnia w/Serzone] but neither worked for me. Paxil worked well, though I had some side effects,but I got off it,and the 2nd time I tried it,it did not work as well. I have started Zoloft a week ago. I think you need to talk with your doc. 100 mg of Serzone will not do anything; it's way too low. 300 mg+ is theraputic and it goes up to 600 mg.
Good luck.
Joy

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ginli:
<B>I used to take serzone alone then added 1/2 tab of celexa. now i am taking 100mg of serzone and 1/2 of the pink tab of celexa. I don't have the side effects of just the serzone and the celexa alone just didn't do it for me. Has anyone else tried this combo? Does anyone take ativan for sleep?

thanks</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 12-20-2000, 05:54 PM   #4
Inactive

cmb5520 HB User

I think celexa sux! I took it when I was having a rough time few years ago and it sent me into a manic episode! I had never had any signs of mania, and before I knew it I was hearing voices and speaking strange garbled nonsense

Closed Thread