It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2001, 02:11 PM   #1

erinp HB User
What should I do????

It's been such a rough couple of days, I'm hoping someone can offer some advice...I just got home after a session with my therapist. He wants to have a group session with my parents and my husband to discuss my total unhappiness. He thinks it would be a good idea for me to move out on my own because my marriage is REALLY strained at this point. He thinks my depression will improve if I try to make myself happy and admit that I was not cut out to be the "good little wife and mother".I am tempted to go through with this group session, but I don't want to disappoint my parents. They have been SO understanding and helpful, especially with my kids, in my darkest hours. I'm just so tired and sad and do not extract any joy from anything anymore. Does anyone have any advice ot thoughts or are in a similar situation? I would appreciate it, I don't have anyone else (friends, etc.) to discuss things with...thank you. (sorry for rambling)

Erin

Old 01-15-2001, 02:31 PM   #2

Emerald HB User
Re: What should I do????

I find myself in a similar circumstance, is there anything that brings you joy? I would like to talk to you through ICQ or e-mail. Post back and I will give you my info. Emerald

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2001, 07:53 PM   #3

erinp HB User

Hi Emerald. There is not much that brings me joy lately. I just signed up for some college courses as a chance to do something just for "me". Of course my husband thinks it will be too stressful and put me over the edge. I guess we'll see. It was a big step for me to sign up for the classes, it has been a long time since I did any sort of look into the future, with all of the suicidal tendencies, etc. that I have been dealing with. You would think my husband would see it that way too. Oh well.I am trying to set up an email address that is just "mine", so that he doesn't have access to it and I can maybe talk to others more freely. I will let you know the address when I set it up if that is OK. Thanks so much for responding.

Erin

Old 01-17-2001, 12:40 PM   #4

SoLost HB User

Wow! I think college is a wonderful idea. I look back on my college days with great pleasure; a time in my life when I was content and had a lot of fun. I don't believe all women are "cut out to be mothers" but with my own experience I believe how we feel reflects on what kind of parent we are. I took a "leave" from my family for awhile a few summers ago. It had it's ups and downs. I needed the time though.

Where would your children stay? I think it would be an opportunity for you to "find yourself" and you should take advantage of your opportunity to expereince college and life "on your own". I'll ad that your children do need you in your life so cutting them out wouldn't be a good idea.

It's very good that your parents provide you with support and I'm sure that they will support whatever decision you make...good luck.

Closed Thread