It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2002, 08:25 AM   #1

sweetcorn HB User
geodon????

I wondered if anyone is taking Geodon and feeling irritable. My doc had me add it to my current cocktail of Effexor XR & Remeron. I find myself being more verbal than usual and extremely irritable at times. When I can catch myself, I find myself 'snapping' at others and raising my voice more than normal. I have XANAX to take for anxiety when needed, but I'm afraid to throw that in the mix, too.
Thanks in advance for any replies.

Old 02-25-2002, 03:58 PM   #2
(female)

speck HB User
Re: geodon????

hi ya!! i see your a newbie!!
i personaly cant give u advice on your meds but wanted to say that if you have noticed that you have a sudden change in personality with this new drug & its not a change for the better then you should disscuss this with the doc incase there is some reaction! you may find its just a tempory thing but then isnt it best to put your mind at rest if your not happy with something!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2002, 09:49 PM   #3

sweetcorn HB User
Re: geodon????

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to make a call in to my doc tomorrow and discuss with my therapist. I'll get some feedback from them. This has been a real change for me and it's affecting my family. Plus I don't feel good going around being short with people, especially if they don't deserve it.

I've just increased the dosage on Friday of last week, so I also want to give the meds a chance. Like you say, it may be something that levels off over time. I'm also still having hopeless thoughts and 'running away' (whatever that means). So the whole mix is not doing much for me. We just went through Celexa doing nothing for me at all. So, I'd like to say we just have to keep plugging, but the other side of my brain isn't convinced.
Thanx!

Closed Thread