It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2002, 06:40 PM   #1

rainbowlight HB User
Do all anxiety meds make you feel sedated/emotionless?

I am going to try to phrase this right so you guys will understand my question..

When a med is used for anxiety, when it has reached a level that is getting rid of the anxiety/obessive thoughts, does it also have to come with sedation and that "flattening" feeling? In other words, is there such a thing as a med that gets rid of the anxiety wonderfully yet leaves you with energy and no mood swings or low level depression as a side effect? It seems to me that everything I have tried for anxiety seems to have a depressant quality to it and leaves me sedated and with a small range of emotions. Does this happen to everyone else? Seroquel works the best for me, but I am wondering if there is anything that wouldn't leave me so sedated. I have tried Luvox, Paxil and most of the benzos. I don't really care for the way they make me feel (lethargic, depressed and sedated) Am I searching for a med that doesn't exist, or should I continue to be a guineau pig?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2002, 03:15 AM   #2
Unregistered

Re: Do all anxiety meds make you feel sedated/emotionless?

Rainbowlight,

I think it's all down to individual reactions to each med rather than being inherent in each drug.

For instance, I'm going well on Paxil after a bad start and am displaying the sort of situation you want to reach.

Are you having any sort of counselling or therapy alongside the drugs? It is crucial in my opinion.

With best regards

Zafu

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread