Depression can cause any of the following to systems, most people match 5+ but if you only match 1 you could still be suffering from depression so dont let it put you off getting help:
- Persistent sad, anxious, or "empty" mood
- Feelings of hopelessness, pessimism
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness
- Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities that were once enjoyed, including sex
- Decreased energy, fatigue, being "slowed down"
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering, making decisions
- Trouble sleeping, early-morning awakening, or oversleeping
- Appetite and/or weight change
- Thoughts of death or suicide, or suicide attempts
- Restlessness, irritability
- Persistent physical symptoms, such as headaches, digestive disorders, and chronic pain, which do not respond to routine treatment
All tho we can say what our meds are and the doseage its doesnt mean they will work for you. There are loads of AD meds out there for this reason like tinkerbell said
Depakote ER 1500mg and Prozac40mg but each person needs to be evaluated by a dr for their own individual needs
prozac may work for her but cause you to have major headaches, unable to sleep. Best thing to do is keep an open mind for when you see your doctor. Which by the way i think is great the hardest part sometimes is getting the help.
Let us know how it goes?