It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2010, 12:42 AM   #1
(male)

hubber HB User
Unhappy Demotivation.

Can depression lead to interest loss and demotivation? I'm getting to a point where I feel like I really just can't find things interesting.

Old 10-24-2010, 01:37 AM   #2
(male)

hubber HB User
Wink Re: Demotivation.

Also, I'll add that I now know my depression been responsible for psychotic symptoms. Time to get some pills. What antidepressants do you guys suggest?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2010, 03:50 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

keenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB User
Re: Demotivation.

Perhaps you can analyse what is causing you to feel depressed. It is probably time for you to talk to yoru doctor and s/he will prescribe some medicine for you.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:05 PM   #4
(female)

tinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB User

YES YES depression can lead to demotivation to do ANYTHING!! Also the sleeping issue.When I was in the deepest darkest place of my depression i NEVER wanted to do ANYTHING AT ALL AT ANYTIME. Also I could NEVER get enough sleep that's ALL I ever wanted to do and then there were times I could not sleep.Depression is VERY different for everybody.I am not a dr or therapist but i do go to one to keep my depression under control.Also this board is a GREAT place to write and vent if you need to.I REALLY feel like this board has been mine "SAVING GRACE" people have been to me here. By the way the medication i take for my depression is Depakote ER 1500mg and Prozac40mg but each person needs to be evaluated by a dr for their own individual needs.Thanks for listening,feel free to write back.

The Following User Says Thank You to tinkerbell45 For This Useful Post:
hubber (10-24-2010)
Old 10-25-2010, 09:22 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Diverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB User

Hey hubber,

Depression can cause any of the following to systems, most people match 5+ but if you only match 1 you could still be suffering from depression so dont let it put you off getting help:
  • Persistent sad, anxious, or "empty" mood
  • Feelings of hopelessness, pessimism
  • Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness
  • Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities that were once enjoyed, including sex
  • Decreased energy, fatigue, being "slowed down"
  • Difficulty concentrating, remembering, making decisions
  • Trouble sleeping, early-morning awakening, or oversleeping
  • Appetite and/or weight change
  • Thoughts of death or suicide, or suicide attempts
  • Restlessness, irritability
  • Persistent physical symptoms, such as headaches, digestive disorders, and chronic pain, which do not respond to routine treatment

All tho we can say what our meds are and the doseage its doesnt mean they will work for you. There are loads of AD meds out there for this reason like tinkerbell said
Quote:
Depakote ER 1500mg and Prozac40mg but each person needs to be evaluated by a dr for their own individual needs
prozac may work for her but cause you to have major headaches, unable to sleep. Best thing to do is keep an open mind for when you see your doctor. Which by the way i think is great the hardest part sometimes is getting the help.

Let us know how it goes?

Dan.

Closed Thread