It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2010, 04:06 PM   #1
(male)

bklynguy HB User
Despair

As I type I cry. Why me. The guy who has it all. Everything!! The waves of pain and anguish. The psychiatrist prescribes and nothing happens. I keep it all together. Good father. Good husband. Unlimited patience for my autistic son. But the pain and crying doesn't stop. Mid-life crisis they say. The pain. Sorry for venting, but I just had to express it in some way.
So Alone.

Last edited by bklynguy; 11-05-2010 at 06:49 AM.

Old 11-06-2010, 05:52 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

keenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB User
Re: Despair

Hi,
There is a lot on your plate, managing a family that includes an autistic son. How does it feel having all this? It does not appear that you are happy to have all this or it is too much to handle. Maybe you can speak to your wife and see her input.
Otherwise you can tell us a little bit more about yourself. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2010, 07:41 AM   #3
(male)

bklynguy HB User
Re: Despair

Folks, I look at my original post and laugh. How poetic! I have had severe depression for a long time and have resisted medication. When I posted, I had been on Wellbutrin for around 3 weeks, with no change. I am now in my 7th week and feel great, like never before. I am finding out that I get a little sick and can't eat with a dosage of 300mg. I lowered the dosage to 150mg and skip taking every fourth or fifth day and feel great, with no side effects at all.
Also, another problem I have had my whole life, is not really considered a disease(don't think so). I just have problems knocking out my brain in the evening and because of the constant processing in my brain, I can't sleep for more than 3 hours, tops. MY WHOLE LIFE! My psychiatrist prescribed seroquil 25mg and suggested that I cut the pill into 4 pieces and take 1 before bed and I now sleep like a baby.
I am fortunate to be in a position that I can, on a whim, take months to find my ills. I just want people to use my months of seeking and keep an open mind. If you rule out everything else........my hopelessly active mind will never allow me to get enough sleep and havoc sets in from there. Please folks, don't suggest yoga or any other relaxation method, been there done that. Sleeping pills too. Medications galore!! Sleep studies(3) suggest obstructive sleep apnea and I'm sure they help people with breathing apparatuses, but I never got more than 1-2 hours of deep sleep at the sleep centers. With the CPAP machine, I sleep even less.
I thank everyone who read my post. If there any questions, please feel free to ask. God Bless.

Closed Thread