It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2010, 08:16 AM   #1
(female)

Jennie1979 HB User
Feeling dreadful and in a mess. Help.

Hi,

My name is Jennie, I was born with congenital heart disease and have had a few corrective operations and am generally well and cope well, exercise etc...
There is nothing more that can be done for my heart apart from a transplant but I have accepted that.

Recently I have been feeling very very tired, totally wiped out, can't walk up the road, have to stop all the time and I feel nauseous all the time and been sick a few times.
This has been going on for a few months and I am really struggling. Also to top it off I went out with someone who was nice to start with but turned into a controlling bully who blamed me for everything and totally shattered my self confidence and self esteem (which wasn't very high anyway). I dumped him in February but got myself so upset and stressed by the things he said and did I didn't eat properly, sleep and I exercised loads.
Anyway I went to the hospital and was diagnosed with depression and generally not coping so am now on fluoxetine but one of the doctors has suggested I may have Lupus because although I have always had red cheeks due to my heart, recently they have gone blotchy but I don't have the classic butterfly malar rash or joint pain etc..
Can amyone give me some advice, I feel that my life is totally falling apart and I am so scared.

So sorry for the long post, many thanks for any replies. xx

Old 11-27-2010, 01:27 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

amyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB User
Re: Feeling dreadful and in a mess. Help.

Quote:
I was born with congenital heart disease and have had a few corrective operations and am generally well and cope well, exercise etc...
You should be regularly monitored because of your condition, and the fact that you were having trouble walking up the road, would be a waving red flag to see your cardiologist ASAP. When you went to the hospital, did you mention this problem?
Sure, it makes sence that you would be depressed; however there are different types of depression -- chemical inbalance in the brain and situational/environmental depression. I took virtually every anti-depressant from B (buspar) to Z (zoloft) with no relief. Took years to discover nothing worked, as mine was situational -- NOT Chemical imbalance.
Quote:
Can amyone give me some advice, I feel that my life is totally falling apart and I am so scared.
Jennie, you are the epitome of a survivor, not only physically, but also mentally and emotionally. You took control of your "bullying boyfriend" and dumped him. All people go through periods like you are experiencing right now -- however, many are not as strong willed.
My best advice to you would to see a competent therapist. It could change your life in a matter of months -- perhaps sooner.
Good Luck. Don't Give Up. Tomorrow is going to be better than today!

The following user gives a hug of support to amyd:
Jennie1979 (11-29-2010)
The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:
Jennie1979 (11-29-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread