It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2010, 12:32 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Question IS there a antidepresssant that does not ???

Cause severe fatigue? I have been on :

Lexapro (SLEEP ALL THE TIME)
Zoloft- Zombie
Paxil 0 Weight gain
Prestiq (ON NOW) Week four
Wellburtin (MADE ME MEAN)

And I am at my wits end.

I can't seem to find one for depression that does not cause me to want to sleep all the time. Prestiq is not cutting it, I am still very tired and can't go on this way.

Please...........what do you all think? I Know I need something........but what should I say to my doctor? I am tired of being tired.................... which adds to my depression.........help me please.......

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: himmylover
hamstachick (03-30-2011), Kgirl48 (03-22-2011), tinkerbell45 (03-15-2011)
Old 12-04-2010, 03:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Re: IS there a antidepresssant that does not ???

Please, should I go a different route? Mood stabilizer? My doctor is reluctant to give any ADHD medication for fatigue? I think if you really need it and don't abuse it, why not?

Why is this? I need your advise..........

I was on Celexa and just wore me down to nothing energy wise! So tired, and just wanted to sleep for hours.......

Please..anyone?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2010, 04:15 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Diverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB User

Hey Himmy,

Its really hard to say, because each persons reacts differently to different meds. So what might work for others may cause what you have said for yourself. There are still loads of meds out there its just a game to find the right one for you.

Do you still exercise? Because that can help boost energy levels.

Old 12-05-2010, 06:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Great Memory.........exercising... I have even slowed down on that, but allot going on with my mom.............but really not a good excuse. I need to get back at it..............and I will..........

I just don't want to feel tired all the time.........the prestiq is really not helping with the depression like I was hoping, but it is only a bit over four weeks.

I am still tired from the meds..............I know that is what it is......

I just don't know which way to turn anymore? With med's that is?!

Old 12-05-2010, 07:16 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Diverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB User

Still haven't managed to get that you time yet then lol. I think you just need to find some time to your self where you can do as much or as little as you would like. Such as read a book, watch a film, lay out in the sun not so much this time of year lol

It might get better on the prestiq soon longest i had side effects of my meds where about the 4 weeks. i still get the tiredness tho. Have you thought about taking the meds before you go to bed that way you just sleep through it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Diverdan8 For This Useful Post:
Kgirl48 (03-22-2011)
Old 12-05-2010, 08:01 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

You know...........No I have not tried before bed. The dr said to take in the morning.

I go back to her this week Friday, and need to make a decision. My mom has dementia and I am taking her for a second opinion in January per her request to a different neuro. This has taken a toll on all of us.....plus having a handicapped brother that is not the easiest to get along with...........has really brought all this on..........I used to laugh at nothing...........

What should I Do? What works for you? AND YES, I will be back to working out, but my mom is a wreck and calls me sometimes 5-10 times a day. She is worried............but I LOVE HER SO MUCH ...........I can't ignore her.

Please and thank you for all your words of advise......

Hugs!

Old 12-05-2010, 01:48 PM   #7
Veteran
(male)

Well if its making you feel tired there is no harm in trying it for the next few days and see how it goes well next few days being until your re-turn to your doctor.

Quote:
My mom has dementia and I am taking her for a second opinion in January per her request to a different neuro.
Have you managed to find some one else to give you a helping hand looking after her so you get alittle time to your self and time to spend with your partner?

I have been taking mine during the day i guess and fighting it through but i do it so i can keep my meds in my car out the way that way no one knows I said to you about working out alittle but yet i dont do it myself so yer being a hypocrite i know. Just try going for a walk now and then like just for a short one just to get out and about. Winter is coming which wont help. Cant say what you should do about your mum phoning you loads. just and idea Thought about saying to her you will phone her three times a day and these times. and then just phone her at them times ad ignore any of calls she makes. =/

Old 12-05-2010, 02:19 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you, It is tough, and I am such a softie.

I will try taking my medication tomorrow night, just to see since I have already taken one this AM.

Are you taking Prestiq too? Or something else if I may ask? If u do not answer I know.....and that is fine.....

Thank u for just being here........

Old 12-05-2010, 02:21 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sorry, I am working on getting a caregiver but she is NOT LIKING THAT IDEAL AT ALL>........so we shell see..........my husband is very understanding, thank god for that............

Don't know what I would do without him.........and YES I I will hit the gym this week.

Old 12-05-2010, 02:30 PM   #10
Veteran
(male)

No im taking citalapram due to my age. but will be possible changing drug soon. Looking on the brighter side almost like having a slave to help with things. can understand her not wanting a caregiver. so try saying to her about the person just being there to help her if she needs it.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:17 PM   #11
(female)

KRAZYCATLADY HB User

I love Effexor. It doesn't make me gain weight and it doesn't make me tired. The only problem I have it that it gives me dry mouth. I've been on it for 15 years and I can't imagine life without it. I believe that most antidepressents make you "not care" about certain things so you would need to be extra dilligent about eating healthy and exercising. I don't think it's the medication that makes one gain weight, I think it's the lack of caring that does it.

The Following User Says Thank You to KRAZYCATLADY For This Useful Post:
shirl31 (03-30-2011)
Old 12-15-2010, 01:27 PM   #12
Veteran
(male)

Hey, Himmy.

How did it go with your doctor?

Im now on zoloft

Old 12-16-2010, 08:54 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

HI,

Well he put me an a very low dose of Celexa 10mgs and and Provigil for being tired.

I was not really happy about the Celexa for I really don't think it quite helped with depression. I love effexor...........however had a terrible time going number 2!

Has anybody heard of Aloe Juice for constipation? I also have IBS-C and was told this is Natural and you can get it a health food store?. I am going to do some research and check it our. It is suppose to help out with many remedy's!

Check it out and it is cheap............

Old 03-13-2011, 10:53 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

I have depression and IBS. I'm on 300 mg a day of Wellbutrin and 20 mg a day of Bentyl for the IBS. I don't have the drowsiness from the Wellbutrin. I do have IBS with constipation and bouts of explosive diarrhea. I just put myself on a bowel movement retraining program on 3-2-11 to help with the bowel movements to be regular at the same time each day and to have normal soft formed bowel movements. I have only been on the program now for 11 days and have been able to establish a scheduled time to have bowel movement.I found that if I sit on the toilet for at least 30 minutes after I eat breakfast then I can have bowel movement using deep breathing exercises and pelvic floor exercises to help the stool to come out without putting enormous strain on the rectal and anal muscles. Do not use stimulant laxatives ! The whole goal is to get your body to do this on it's own like nature intended it to be and to be able to have a scheduled time for bowel movements that are normal soft and formed.I eat oatmeal, 6 stewed prunes, 8 oz glass of warmed water with 1 scoop of Citrucel and fresh squeezed lemon juice to add some flavor. This helps to stimulate the rectal anal muscles to start the bowel movement process and add bulk to the stools and to help keep you regular. I do this twice a day about 12 hours apart. I increased my water intake 64 oz a day and up to 30 grams of fiber per day. I now have two bowel movements everyday at about 12 hours apart. This a miracle for me as I always struggled with constipation since childhood and I am almost fifty years old. I want to be able to control when I am going to have a bowel movement and not have to deal with the pain and strain that comes with the constipation. This program can take up to a month to work and establish a time schedule to have a bowel movement. Patience and time are needed for this to work especially if you have struggled with constipation for years like I have had. I hope you will try this bowel retraining program and experience the success like I have in only 11 days. It feels great not to be in constant pain while trying to have bowel movement because of the dry and hard stools and also the bloating that comes with it as well. Good Luck to you!

Old 03-14-2011, 08:48 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you for the advise. I also have IBS-C so it really stinks. I loved effexor, but even the generic was sky high.......I am going to a therapist and see what he thinks. I am on .5 mgs of Lexapro samples and know it is expensive too...........so I will have to wait and see which one is the cheaper, or get samples.............How many mgs. of Effexor are you on? Does it make you tired? Lexapro does me, only really bad side effect.........and DON't want no weight gain.

Thanks and let me know. I also heard Aloe Vera Juice is really good for constipation and is natural. I just put it in my OJ in the morning and you can't even taste it. I love it for it is natural........

Hugs, and thank you..........

Closed Thread