It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2010, 06:02 PM   #1
(female)

sadclown HB User
plz help

Hi, Im new here and I just really need to talk to someone.

Ive just been diagnosed with major depression and my doctor wants me to go on antidepressants. My mum is totally against the idea and gets angry whenever I mention it.

I have a history of self harm and my boyfriend has recently dumped me because of it. Im finding it really hard to get over because hes such a good guy, he treated me so well, and it kills me knowing that he doesnt care anymore. I feel really betrayed knowing he could just abandon me when Im obviously hurting.
He sent me a text yesterday saying he wants absolutely nothing to do with me and its really getting to me.
Im seeing a psychologist once a week, but my GP also wants to see me once a week.

Ive recently lost my job aswell, a really good job and I had a lot of friends there. So now I have no friends, no job and no boyfriend. I feel really trapped.
I need a friend. I need support. I NEED HELP

Old 12-09-2010, 06:36 PM   #2
(female)

missy1983 HB Usermissy1983 HB Usermissy1983 HB Usermissy1983 HB User
Re: plz help

HI,

I am going through something like you. I have not lost my boyfriend yet but I feel like im going to if I dont stop the madness. I have Severe anxiety along with depression. I do see someone once a week. I tried to get on meds for the anxiety but they gave me nightmares. I do think that I will try different meds because I cant deal with this alone. I think that you should try the meds. My best friend also suffers from depression and she takes meds, They help her alot. I think you should try them out and take that first step towards getting your life back together. If your mum gets annoyed just ignore it she does not have to live with the feelings you have you do. Do whats best for you!

The Following User Says Thank You to missy1983 For This Useful Post:
sadclown (12-10-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2010, 07:43 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User

you don't live your life for your mum, you live it for you. if you need treatment to help you then go for it, ignore negativity this is about YOU not her. sorry to hear about your boyfriend, not a great guy after all it seems. sorry you lost your job, you will find a new job and lovely friends when you are back on your feet. i used to fear treatment and thought it wasnt a good idea but i gave it a go and i'm still on it but it hasnt made much of a difference only slightly but it is different for everybody and depends what you take etc...speak to your GP , your counsellor, don't mention it to your mum anymore , she clearly is not a support which is what you need right now. your ex boyfriend is not worth knowing if he can just walk away and be so cruel to someone who is depressed and needs love and support. smile honey.

The Following User Says Thank You to cryingforever For This Useful Post:
sadclown (12-10-2010)
Old 12-10-2010, 03:14 AM   #4
(female)

sadclown HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryingforever View Post
your ex boyfriend is not worth knowing if he can just walk away and be so cruel to someone who is depressed and needs love and support.
Thats exactly what I think I needed him most and he left...

Thanks heaps guys, just knowing there are people that understand is helping alot...
Im going to start using the treatment, because if my doctor thinks its a good idea, then I do too

thanks again x

Old 12-18-2010, 07:30 PM   #5
(female)

I was wondering how you were doing? Let me know if things are getting better. I really hope that they are :-)

Old 12-24-2010, 06:50 PM   #6
(female)

sadclown HB User

thanks for seeing how I am
I have had my good days and my bad days, but I havent had my thoughts get as dark as what they were when I posted my 1st message.
Ive been on the antidepressants for over a week now, so Im hoping they will help me soon
I also have a date lined up next week some time... I dont really see anything happening there, but Im hoping it will give me a chance to get over my ex

Thanks again and merry christmas

Old 12-24-2010, 09:32 PM   #7
(female)

Im Happy to hear that!! What are you taking?? I really wish you the best. Merry Christmas to you too!!

Old 12-25-2010, 12:37 AM   #8
(female)

sadclown HB User

Im taking Citalopram, one of my friends had bad side effects from it, do you know if its good or not???

Old 12-25-2010, 04:01 AM   #9
Veteran
(male)

Diverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB User

Hey Sadclown, Merry Christmas.

I was one citalpram and had a few side effects the first week, mainly just feel tired and that tho i had no problem with it. Its good you have started to take them most people are against taking drugs for long term use but its amazing what a difference they can make really.

Like every has said, Your boyfriend clearly wasnt the nice person you thought he was, leaving you in a time of need. But its good that your moving on.

Closed Thread