It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2011, 12:29 AM   #1
(male)

daz59 HB User
I have been depressed for years, im sick of it

Hi,
Im a 28 year old male that has been depressed for years. back in school I used to be the one with a smile on my face all the time, I even had people asking me why I smiled so much.

Now and for the last few years, I hardly ever smile, I have a blank look on my face and rearly show any emotions, I never seem to get excited about things. I have had people tell me before when I talk on the phone I dont sound happy with the person Im talking to. I met a really nice girl a few months ago, our second date she rung me to see If I wanted to see her, I really did but they way she took me on the phone she thought I was angry with her.
she has said to me a few times I dont seem happy to see her, I really am but cant show it??

It has effected more than one relationship, and im sick of it.

I just dont feel like me inside, I hate being like this, doctor put me on fluoxetine and then paroxetine but didnt seem to make a difference, I have just taken myself off of the paroxetine.

I dont know what to do.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:22 AM   #2
(female)

justme04 HB User
Re: I have been depressed for years, im sick of it

i'm in the same boat, i'm four years younger than you, but i also am sick of being depressed all the time. i've been married for only 11 months, but i've been seeing it effect my marriage already. i think you should go back to your doctor if the medication isn't working, and i would not have suggested going off the medicine w/o asking your doctor about it first. . i hope things get better for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread