It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2011, 08:08 PM   #1
(female)

xenagurl20 HB User
Unhappy Not sure what to do anymore....

So I sought help for depression 2 years ago. I think though that I have been dealing with depression for 8+ years. I have tried some medications over the 2 years...I have come to the realization that I am very very tired of swallowing several pills. My doctor and I are still playing with dosages and medicines. I feel like for a while I am getting better, but then after that while the deep dark feelings come rushing back and I feel like I am back to square one. I am at the point where I don't care if a medicine has to be given by injection (coming from someone who really hates needles), but I am just sick and tired of having to remember to take my medicine before bedtime. I have a very scattered work schedule and sometimes I don't even get home until after midnight. I feel like I am at the end of my rope and need the extreme to feel better even though my doctor has many options left before considering ECT or anything like that. I guess I just need some suggestions on what to do or consider. HELP!!!

Old 02-19-2011, 08:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Re: Not sure what to do anymore....

I guess there are people out there that are happy, have it all, but for the most "normal" part of us, life is hard. I think it is very normal for our moods to go up just so it can crash and make us feel all depressed again. I couldn't even imagine asking them to do ECT on me, and I'm in a very bad shape. Medications can't fix life. It can only help relieve your stress when things are really bad. That never hurts. But if you don't try to fix the things in your life that are getting you upset, your just going to keep riding the roller coaster. Do you know what is bringing on the depression? Is your work hours that stressful? You have to do what you can to try to make things better. Fix the problems causing you to feel so down. Most of the time, you can find that solution. I think when it's been persistant for that long, you really do need to look into some kind of life changes.

The Following User Says Thank You to neveragain444 For This Useful Post:
xenagurl20 (02-19-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread