It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2011, 05:34 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Will I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB User
Cymbalta

Anyone try coming off of Cymbalta cold turkey? I'm tired of being on meds.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:39 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Will I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB User
Re: Cymbalta

Sorry wasn't done. Computer glitch. I've been on it for years. In the last few months, I haven't taken it that much. I used to take it with birth control. If I didn't take the bc pill daily, I would really screw up my system. I was originally put on bc to help with ppmd. I was taken off the bc pill b/c it made my mood worse. So now I tend to forget the Cymbalta. Some days I feel ok. Other days, I'm a walking mood. I'm currently dealing with some "rejection" so I've been sad. I can't tell if my mood is that or if it's part of taking myself off of Cymbalta. I know I shouldn't do it w/out drs advice. I'm learning so much about myself in therapy. Part of me feels the Cymbalta will not help that. I don't want to be AD dependent anymore. Yet I'm petrified that I will bottom out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2011, 08:24 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

If you've been taking it along time, and you quit cold turkey, it's probably going to have side effects. The only antidepressant I've used longer term, and could take it afterwards now and then, without being sick by doing that, is Lexapro. Others caused worsening of depression, all over body spasms, nerve symptoms, severe insomnia. I am tired of meds too! Know what you mean.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:31 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

I can't tell what's me and what's not!!!

Old 02-22-2011, 08:45 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

that is an antidepressant for you. those little happy pills can really have a kind of drug like effect on you. they can bring on spells of crying without reason, feeling suicidal when you normally wouldn't. make you feel just utterly crazy. your mind can really become confused. they can take you into a place you've never been before. i am not one that really thinks alot of antidepressants. i think it's more important that you work with yourself to make changes than rely on that pill. i have been on so many of them, I know what that is like. lexapro is the only one after 15 years of being medicated with this stuff, I can say truely is an awesome antidepressant. sometime's what your taking just might not be the one for you. you can gradually decrease the dosage until you tame yourself off the med. Your doctor could instruct you on how. I don't know how your doc is, but if I didn't want to take a medication, he by never means would ever make me.

I am stopping ambien, and I thought that was one medication I would never be able to get off of, I have a brain addiction to that med. I'm not taking Lexapro anymore. I want to work on my mood changes without an antidepressant, and through therapy. I quit my bladder medication, it has no change in effects with how it feels, so what's the point, lost my urologist anyways. My plaquenil is only half the dosage now, I see a little change, but not enough to risk eye blindness from it. I really do feel better taking less medications.

this one doctor on the radio said unless you have a broken bone, avoid doctors, lol, all they want to do is medicate you, and it isn't healthy. idk, I would die before I could do that, but that's just me.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:09 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

My doctor gave me Xanax for "as needed." I've been beyond anxious. I truly want to try life without meds. I feel so off right now. I'm hoping it's my bod adjusting to being without meds. I know going cold turkey wasn't good. I've been waking up everyday with my heart pounding.

Closed Thread