It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2011, 08:15 AM   #1
(male)

Thunderbolt HB User
In Despair...

Having lived in another community for just over five years I moved back here following the death of my father back in October. This I did so as to be near my mom and be available for any assistance. I'm glad to be back here as I was not happy where I was living previously, but right now my homecoming has not been so joyous either. For one thing I'm dealing with unemployment; now, in light of my father's passing I have money coming to me to take care of rent and other expenses, but with this comes restlessness and boredom which leads to despair. I know I need to get active with something, but just don't know what or how. There's other issues contributing to this as well and will be addressing all of these with a therapist beginning in just over a week.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Re: In Despair...

It does sound like your missing work. Sitting around not doing anything can get very annoying. Same thing over and over every day, even worse. I don't know what to tell you for the restlessness and boredom, I get that way alot too laying around sick. I'd take that time and go find a career I absolutely loved, if it was me. I would love to have the capability & money to be able to do so. I would almost work for free doing what I loved doing. I only wish.

Last edited by neveragain444; 02-25-2011 at 03:08 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2011, 10:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

keenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB User
Re: In Despair...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
Having lived in another community for just over five years I moved back here following the death of my father back in October. This I did so as to be near my mom and be available for any assistance. I'm glad to be back here as I was not happy where I was living previously, but right now my homecoming has not been so joyous either. For one thing I'm dealing with unemployment; now, in light of my father's passing I have money coming to me to take care of rent and other expenses, but with this comes restlessness and boredom which leads to despair. I know I need to get active with something, but just don't know what or how. There's other issues contributing to this as well and will be addressing all of these with a therapist beginning in just over a week.
Hi,
I think I am exactly in the same situation as you, my father passed away early October and I have been here for a month without doing the field of work I was involved in previously. The biggest problem I have though is that if I want to employ myself into business activities full time then I will make a living out of something I am not interested in doing.

Just want to let you know though that you are not alone in this. I am going pretty much the same thing as you.

Closed Thread