It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2011, 06:20 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Question First, I am sorry for so many questions ...seeing a therapist. Will this help......?

And feel very fortunate to have you all in my life with everything going on. I am not begging so please don't take it that way, we all have something or we would not be on here right?

Withing the last year or so I have be hammered with stress and my anxiety has risen to know end, all I do is worry, worry, worry with my mom's illness, brothers handicapped and what is going to happen to him.........no job, lost of self esteem, and just not enjoying things like one should. BUT I KEEP EXERCISING, but just don't enjoy things anymore..........

Yes I have been on here many times with different medications and now on month one of Prozac. I have a appointment to see a therapist.........really hard for me to do, but am going to on the 9th.

I have been on many antidepressants for years, and was hoping and praying that Prozac @ 20mgs would work with the klonoplin.. I am still giving this medication a chance ! I am still down but bring allot of this on myself. And it must stop. Constant worrying for things I can not change is really hurting me.

I know I will need to be on medications all my life and OK with that, for I want to live life to the fullest and not doing that at all............the opposite.

My question AGAIN is.........I have heard of cocktails of medications to help. Should I talk to my doctor or Therapist about this? Maybe prozac and Zoloft?

I have not had this much stress in my life since my dearest dad passed away. I was given Zoloft but can't remember how it made me feel. I can't take Wellburtin, makes me mean. Paxil bloated me up like nothing. I have not health insurance and celexa made me so tired...........I am running out of options...............and suggestions? Please only good advise.......

I am going to fight this all the way, for some things I know can't be changed, and I will not give up...................Sorry again, I am going to get ready and go to the gym...........that helps me allot, and so does this board.

One day, hopefully I will be back on the right track and have great things to say on here...............and will always be here for anyone that wants to rant like me...............I am also working on Relaxation as well, so I am trying.

Please be HONEST and positive........thank you and god bless........

Sorry forgot to mention, someone said maybe bi-polar. The thing there is I never really feel a high, just down most the time......not up and down...........just depressed with anxiety.......GAD, around people, etc?

Last edited by himmylover; 03-01-2011 at 06:26 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to himmylover:
airplane8888 (03-02-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2011, 07:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Re: First, I am sorry for so many questions ...seeing a therapist. Will this help...

I have GAD too and that will cause depression, when your in that state of mind your worrying constantly, your feelings get so exaggurated, stress feels like it's going to kill you, your thoughts become obsessive compulsive, hard to control. That might be what you need calmed down. I'd look more into a medication to target that instead of one that can make it worse like Prozac. Like buspar, lexapro, inderall, valium, klonopin. I have had some social anxiety in the past too, I was just bashful growing up, and I'd just get nervous around people I wasn't around on a regular basis. I have completely snapped out of that. I'm not taking it anymore, and I don't need it at the moment, but Lexapro was my wonder drug. Keep up that relaxation and exercise, that always helps. You might try meditation too, you really need to calm that mind down with GAD.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:27 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Re: First, I am sorry for so many questions ...seeing a therapist. Will this help...

You hit that one right on the head. GAD just starting noticing this lately......maybe from the depression. You think Prozac is cause more harm then good?

I will do some searching on GAD.............that might explain a whole lot.......

Old 03-01-2011, 08:47 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

If you feel better on Prozac, I'd say no, it's not making it worse. But if you feel like your anxiety is getting worse, that your depression is not any better, then I might feel a bit concerned about it. I think it takes a few mths for prozac to really kick in and work. I like the medications that you get immediate results from. Lexapro does that for me. But doctors tell you that it has to stabilize in your system for awhile before it can work, that's not true for me. I might be the wrong person to ask about this. I have a firm belief that if you are taking a medication, and it doesn't help you, there is zero point to continue taking it, your just letting your doctor pop you up with one pill after another, mind as well be a drug addict in my opinion. I just stopped multiple medications. I take very few now. My daughter was calling me a pill popper, I was on about 10 different meds, and none of them I can say was all that great. I think the best solution to depression is changing the things in your life that are bothering you so much, not always possible I know, but you can work on it, some things are possible to change, and it can make a difference. I've just kicked myself out of severe depression to mild depression, I may not completely get rid of that, but I do feel like I have control. Just knowing that is not the kind of life I want to live, helps me fight it off. Anxiety however, is something I feel a total lack of control over. I couldn't get through the episodes I have without my lexapro. Sometimes you just need medication, and I would talk to my therapist about the Prozac, like I said, I'm not a very good one to give advice, though I'm more than happy to try.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Great job.........ON week four and still feel anxious and depressed. I might look into Buspar?

Old 03-01-2011, 09:09 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

I wouldn't have lasted that long on Prozac with it doing that to me, lol, I would have already told it to kiss my rearend, and down the toilet it would go. That is why I am not good on the advice area.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:25 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

And quit that appologizing, lol, no one here minds you asking questions, we are here because we want to support each other and help, you are helping us by letting us do that. Don't feel bad for asking anything. We don't mind. And the reason I am saying that is because I've been there, and I felt bad anytime I asked for anything. I even felt bad calling my doctor to ask for help when I needed it, and half the time I wouldn't. I just felt like a nuisance, annoying, a cry baby, like I was putting my problems on everyone else and didn't want to do that, I felt like my problems were too much for anyone to have to deal with.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:52 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks doll.............where to go from here........

Old 03-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well therapy I guess and work on finding a medication that works better for you than what your taking. I was put on neurontin yesterday for my nerve pain in my back and he told me to take it at bedtime, but I take it in the evening. Slept better last night than I have in a long time. And my mood is so much better. Uplifted. Just more of a happy feeling, don't know why. Feeling a little too relaxed though. Really like it so far. Makes me a little goofy but that's okay, I don't mind that, lol.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:09 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

I am happy you had a good night...........you are really a special person!

Old 03-01-2011, 05:16 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by himmylover View Post
I am happy you had a good night...........you are really a special person!
That might be the biggest compliment I've had in 20 yrs, lol. Thank you. That's sweet.

The following user gives a hug of support to neveragain444:
himmylover (03-01-2011)
Old 03-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well deserved!

Old 03-01-2011, 05:30 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

digmusic HB Userdigmusic HB Userdigmusic HB Userdigmusic HB User

I don't think you're supposed to take two SSRI's together, like Prozac and Zoloft. That can cause too much serotonin which can cause serotonin syndrome, if you don't know about, it you should research it. I took Celexa on top of Prozac one time and got so sick I about had to go to the ER, vomiting, hot flashes, etc.

You've taken so many SSRI's it seems and had some really bad side effects. Has any SSRI ever really helped your depression? It seems you just keep going from one to the other, but have you ever had significant relief from them? If you haven't and just keep getting bad side effects like irritability, excessive sleepiness etc. without much benefit, maybe it's time to try another class of antidepressants or other medications period.

And neveragain is right, you don't have to apologize so much! If it's because of what I said that time, you don't need to worry about that - I was just trying to help but I wasn't annoyed that you ask so many questions, ask away!

Last edited by digmusic; 03-01-2011 at 05:31 PM.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:05 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

"And neveragain is right, you don't have to apologize so much! If it's because of what I said that time, you don't need to worry about that - I was just trying to help but I wasn't annoyed that you ask so many questions, ask away!"

Well if it sounded like you was annoyed, but really wasn't, maybe you should re-word how you say something, so it isn't taken the wrong way. If it seems at all that it may be offending, then don't say it, even if you are trying to help, people going through depression don't need that, and you don't know how bad depressed that person is, you don't want to make things worse for them, or set them off into doing something to hurt themselves. When I went through severe depression, that is about all it took with me.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:09 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

And you aren't taking two SSRI's together are you? Just prozac? Buspar is not a SSRI, it may infact make the SSRI more effective, so don't be afraid to ask your therapist about it.

Closed Thread