It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2011, 10:57 PM   #1
(female)

kehem HB User
depression

I am 41 years old woman. i wanted to pursue a hectic career but due to family responsibilities could not do so.
I am depressed as now I cannot start again

Old 04-26-2011, 02:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

keenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB User
Re: depression

Hi,
Seems like there is a bit of external pressure for you not to go back to work. Maybe you can describe your circumstances a little more. Do you have to spend time with your family all the time or something different?
Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2011, 06:21 PM   #3
(female)

BlueLagoon HB User

I'm with you! My child left for college in August and I suddenly realize how challenging it will be to resume my career momentum in my 40s. But you know what? I think maybe it's possible if we just take small steps. Are you able to take small steps, like 10 minutes a day or something? There has to be hope somewhere in this phase of our lives!

Old 04-26-2011, 11:02 PM   #4
(female)

kehem HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenobserver View Post
Hi,
Seems like there is a bit of external pressure for you not to go back to work. Maybe you can describe your circumstances a little more. Do you have to spend time with your family all the time or something different?
Thanks

Old 04-26-2011, 11:18 PM   #5
(female)

kehem HB User

My facts are - My husband and I are CA, having our office. Due to family compulsions I am out of practice since last ten years. Now I can devote 2-3 hrs a day on five weekdays. Now the laws have changed, my touch with clients is gone and 2-3 hrs time is totally insufficient to restart practice. I have lost hope - and feel I cannot be a devoted fulltime homemaker and nor a professional. I sandwiched between family wellbeing and my heart's wish for a full-time professional practice.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:19 PM   #6
(female)

kehem HB User

i am able to devote 2-3 hrs on weekdays but that is very insufficient

Old 04-27-2011, 07:02 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

keenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB User

Hi,
Your situation over the years seems to be very unfortunate. In life though as you probably know once you lose something you dedicate your life to disappears, regaining it becomes a losing battle. This may be the case with you currently. What I can say is that you have choices here, one is to start from a lower position, i.e. do the thing you use to possibly as an assistant and then when you are up to speed with the changes in the law, you may then choose to go back to where you were.
Another option is to think along the lines of what you like. You enjoyed performing in the court, maybe you can teach what it takes to be someone good in this profession. But more importantly think about what you would like to do with your life. Think about other interests you can pursue.
Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to keenobserver For This Useful Post:
kehem (04-27-2011)
Old 04-27-2011, 09:54 PM   #8
(female)

kehem HB User

Thanks a lot. You have shown me possible directions. But keeping hope and positive attitude seems to be very difficult. I'll try my best for it.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:50 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Yea the step is not easy. Take it one step at a time. Take your time and then aim for each goal. Once the goal is achieved, you may feel a sense of success which you can then build forward into getting a life that will suit your needs.

Closed Thread