It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2011, 08:22 PM   #1
(female)

princesscol HB User
Doc prescribed Wellbutrin and its too expensive

My doctor prescribed me Wellbutrin ans its $200 with my insurance. The generic is $10 but I've hears such horrible things about generics. Please help...I'm more discouraged than ever now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2011, 05:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User
Re: Doc prescribed Wellbutrin and its too expensive

get the generic, the FDA certifies that they are interchangable.

99.9 percent of people cant tell the difference.

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2011, 07:45 AM   #3
(female)

princesscol HB User

Are you sure? I've heard people say that the generic doesn't work well...I just don't want to start something and feel even worse. I wish I could just beat this depression myself but nothing is working. I have no motivation and I'm always crying at work. I just can't seem to get out of it myself and I feel so defeated.

Last edited by princesscol; 05-13-2011 at 07:45 AM.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

People say a lot of things, but scientific eveidence says that the generics do work well for the vast majority of people. Gte your script filled and try it, it could turn your life around

It can take 2-4 weeks to get the full benifit of an antidepressant, so dont decide it isnt working and stop too soon, give it 4 weeks to prove it self.

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

Old 05-18-2011, 03:05 PM   #5
(male)

bien HB User

I thought the same thing. The proprietary drug was better than the generic.

Luckily, I had good drug coverage and I could have either one. I started with the generic and heard that the proprietary was better, so I switched.

Zero difference. Zero. Both acted just the same for me.

Iím sure there are folks that may find that the proprietary drug works better for them, but I suspect a good part of that is the power of auto-suggestion.

To me, they are equal.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #6
(male)

Mookyjooky HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bien View Post
I thought the same thing. The proprietary drug was better than the generic.

Luckily, I had good drug coverage and I could have either one. I started with the generic and heard that the proprietary was better, so I switched.

Zero difference. Zero. Both acted just the same for me.

Iím sure there are folks that may find that the proprietary drug works better for them, but I suspect a good part of that is the power of auto-suggestion.

To me, they are equal.
Yeah, the "Power of Auto-Suggestion" is what caused the chest pains, dark urine and itching/hives.

Instead of listening to people who believe that whats good for them is good for the world... just simply take the cheap one first.

If it works for you, stick with it - if it doesn't or you have an allergic reaction to it, then you'll have to make some choices like I did.

Closed Thread